2nd Final: Australia v Sri Lanka @Adelaide Oval (Tuesday D/N)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shut up Taylor I want to hear Jayawardene's rant.

Great century for Clarke.

Warner may have been scratchy but his innings today is far better than the one on Sunday.

clarke?? even though you posted that prior to this over, he was still going out faster than run a ball at that stage.

warner on the other hand has struggled since the end of the power play.

jawawardene blowing up massively. was a no ball for sure.

97 of 78 too slow? ;)
hahahaha!
*wipes egg off face*

when I said that Clarke was at runa a ball, and not looking to be going fast enough. He is now. :thumbsu:

Top 100 there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when I said that Clarke was at runa a ball, and not looking to be going fast enough.

think it was a bit harsh regardless. he was going pretty well at that stage.

warner either can't get them off the middle, or is going straight to a fielder, in particular that point fieldsmen.

clarke is just swinging from the hip now, warner needs to join him doing the same. 2 down after 45... 10 an over should be the minimum from here a team would expect these days in those circumstances.

Shut up Taylor I want to hear Jayawardene's rant.

Great century for Clarke.

Warner may have been scratchy but his innings today is far better than the one on Sunday.

Warner finally seems to have realised you don't need to hit every second ball for 6 in the first 10 overs. He scores at a decent clip taking it easy, and once he's in he can explode. That's what we need. A bit like Hayden, he's make sure Gilly and other's didn't get out to quickly before having a slog himself.

Just got out. Probably for the best given obviously struggling now.

clarke is just swinging from the hip now, warner needs to join him doing the same. 2 down after 45... 10 an over should be the minimum from here a team would expect these days in those circumstances.
fair enough. i'm a massive fan of Clarkey though.

20 an over IMO could be done better with Hussey's out there though. Clarke and Warner look spent and have for a while.

Pathetic and shelfish innings by Warner.

On a good batting wicket and only 100 off 140!

Faced almost half our allocated deliveries...if Dave can't score at 90 plus then he shouldn't be in our team. He's there to score quickly!!!

Warner gone. Tricky for the new batsman to come in, adjust to the pace of the pitch and maintain the tempo of the innings. Clarke needs to see it through and take the bulk of the strike now.

it was these sort of situations we should've utilised mitchell johnson more when he was in the team.

I think Australia did try that a few times and more often than not, Johnson would be out cheaply.

His batting record was inflated by a couple of knocks where he would smash the bowling all round the park but when the pressure was put on him to actually go up the order and hit some quick runs, he invariably failed.

What is with Sri Lankans and dodgy bowling actions?

Do junior coaches just not give a **** over there? I mean how can these guys be raised with such suspect bowling actions, and why does the ICC bend the rules for them?

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd Final: Australia v Sri Lanka @Adelaide Oval (Tuesday D/N)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back