Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure. And multiple others- Ashcroft, Rayner, Dunkley, Cameron all need to be sat on.
Can't get bogged down like that or you destroy your own game plan worrying so much about the opposition.

Stop neale and focus on our own strenghs will be good enough.

Its a game i can see us losing by 5-6 goals or winning by 5-6 goals.

Could go either way, and i am ok with that.

Anyone here who thinks we will turn up and win is kidding themselves.

We are probably pound for pound a worse list than brisbane, we just have a better coach

I’m nervous on a Monday and I have to watch this weeks and next weeks game on replay once I get home from work, luckily I live overseas so I can avoid hearing scores quite easily!

I’m nervous about Charlie Cameron he has kicked the second most finals goals of any current player (behind Tomahawk) and he seems to of been a little quiet, I hope he continues this. Mullin could be a very good match up for him if he remains in.

We are probably pound for pound a worse list than brisbane, we just have a better coach

You don't think the likes of Miers, Stewart, Holmes, Cameron, Dangerfield, Stengle are in the same conversation as Andrews, McCluggage, Cameron, Neale, Zorko or Dunkley?

I reckon our bottom six are better than theirs and I do think the inclusion of Humphries and Mannagh are of equal importance to both Ashcroft and Lohmann.

Why the need to make unnecessary changes to a winning team? Stewart in for the player who replaced him and keep the team balance. So Mullin out.
The concern for Daniher's height is a bit overrated. He took 5 marks, 1 contested and 2 inside 50. Mobility will be more important than excessive height.
McInerney took 4 marks, 2 contested, and was comfortably beaten in hitouts. A rested Stanley will surely be able to keep him from dominating. Neale, who took 9 marks last outing, can also help in the ruck, allowing Stanley to play further back if needed.
I think the bigger issue is how are how they going to stop our forwards!! Our midfield is now being acclaimed as top shelf so we should create plenty of opportunities, as we did against the much touted Port midfield. We should win this, as long as the attitude is right, and no reason to think it won't be.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m nervous on a Monday and I have to watch this weeks and next weeks game on replay once I get home from work, luckily I live overseas so I can avoid hearing scores quite easily!

I’m nervous about Charlie Cameron he has kicked the second most finals goals of any current player (behind Tomahawk) and he seems to of been a little quiet, I hope he continues this. Mullin could be a very good match up for him if he remains in.
Can't you just get an AFL global subscription for a month?

Why the need to make unnecessary changes to a winning team? Stewart in for the player who replaced him and keep the team balance. So Mullin out.
The concern for Daniher's height is a bit overrated. He took 5 marks, 1 contested and 2 inside 50. Mobility will be more important than excessive height.
McInerney took 4 marks, 2 contested, and was comfortably beaten in hitouts. A rested Stanley will surely be able to keep him from dominating. Neale, who took 9 marks last outing, can also help in the ruck, allowing Stanley to play further back if needed.
I think the bigger issue is how are how they going to stop our forwards!! Our midfield is now being acclaimed as top shelf so we should create plenty of opportunities, as we did against the much touted Port midfield. We should win this, as long as the attitude is right, and no reason to think it won't be.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Stewart is auto select SDK to minimize big Joe influence on the game and take some workload load off Blits and Stanley hopefully we have an even bigger task the following week,on Bews I've been one pushing for his inclusion and part of my thinking was Charlie Cameron but I now see BIG JOE as or main threat so Bews might be omitted not my first option but the club isn't about to drop either of Duncan or Touhy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2017 QF when he was tiny and about our only player who was clean and composed showed he could be a player. He weirdly lost complete confidence for a couple of years but eventually it all clicked.
May have been that he did miss that set shot against the Tiggers in the 3rd quarter of that QF which instead of giving the Cats the lead, merely levelled the scores. Then Vlastuin kicked a goal from 55m and the Tigers were away. And early in 2018 poor Zuthrie found himself on Rough-Face who monstered him in a marking contest that saw him kick the winner for the Dawks that day. But credit to Zac and Geelong's development as he's become such an assured player, and maybe ne of the first picked. So reliable and just a rock of our team now.

You don't think the likes of Miers, Stewart, Holmes, Cameron, Dangerfield, Stengle are in the same conversation as Andrews, McCluggage, Cameron, Neale, Zorko or Dunkley?

I reckon our bottom six are better than theirs and I do think the inclusion of Humphries and Mannagh are of equal importance to both Ashcroft and Lohmann.
Our bottom six is better, but their top six are better than ours.

More elite players still playing in the prime of their careers, where as one of ours is a 34yo dangerfield. Their midfield is also hands down better and they have no obvious flaws across the field where as we do.

Outside of cameron stewart holmes stengle dangerfield i wouldnt say we have alot of A graders. It evens out very quickly throughout the 22. But in saying that, pur strength lies in our even 22 compared to others which can build incredible synergy when it all “clicks”

More elite players still playing in the prime of their careers, where as one of ours is a 34yo dangerfield. Their midfield is also hands down better and they have no obvious flaws across the field where as we do.

Outside of cameron stewart holmes stengle dangerfield i wouldnt say we have alot of A graders. It evens out very quickly throughout the 22. But in saying that, pur strength lies in our even 22 compared to others which can build incredible synergy when it all “clicks”
I will counter that their star players like Joe and Hipwood often goes missing and that really affects their gameplan

I think for Geelong to win this game and the one that follows, requires another 2022 like Dangerfield performance
To win the game the whole needs to be switched on and playing their part just like with the Port finals , play like that for another two weeks and we will have a shiny cup

Hopefully they have found the consistency that has been missing for a month or two now ..I am confident

They have more A-graders on paper, we have more on grass at this moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back