Game Day 2nd Preliminary Final - Hawthorn v Port Power, 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerves are building in anticipation of what will be a tough game. Port are young and full of confidence after two big finals wins and won't go quietly like the Roos last night.

If we can absorb their early onslaught and put them under pressure like Freo did last week I think our fresher legs and harder bodies will get us home.

Let's go boys! Time to prove all the doubters wrong once again.

All we can ask for is 100% commitment which I am sure will happen. We need to apply some of our not so famous pressure, like we did to Freo in last year's grand final, to unsettle Port and capitalise on their errors. We are excellent from scoring from turnovers and Port are #1 in the league for errors.

Go Hawks!

We've been threatening for a while now to hit our straps, slowly been building. I've got a feeling the big rough is gonna get off the leash today. Career best football, don't reckon their back line is that great. The big man is hungry and is ready to tear one of these finals apart. Feeling good about today, giddy up hawks.

For all the hype around Port and their fitness levels, their run and carry, to win they have to outscore us.
And at our home ground.

We should go in pretty confident today.
Get it done boys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As strange as it sounds I feel that we'll win by more if it's close for the first 2 to 2.5 quarters. If we have a big lead at half or 3qt time, expect us to cruise thereafter and the lead pegged back to 2 to 4 goals.

The first qtr will tell the story. If we can go in to the first break 2 goals up I think we will be fine.
Few sides can come from behind and beat us.

Here is a shot of our cheer squad for today's game. ;)

6012659217_65c701d177_z.jpg

If you guys win - what chance Sewell comes in next week to do a job on Kennedy?

He's been left out for pace this week, next week his proven stronger body in September might be needed next week.

You guys are odd in that you don't play genuine midfielders (or not a lot them). So whilst it looks like you've dropped a mid for a back flanker, it just means extra minutes for hodge/roughy/brooooost. Et al in the guts

If you guys win - what chance Sewell comes in next week to do a job on Kennedy?

He's been left out for pace this week, next week his proven stronger body in September might be needed next week.

You guys are odd in that you don't play genuine midfielders (or not a lot them). So whilst it looks like you've dropped a mid for a back flanker, it just means extra minutes for hodge/roughy/brooooost. Et al in the guts

IF we win he would be a very good chance to play against Sydney next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back