Game Day 2nd Preliminary Final - Hawthorn v Port Power, 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up the Australian to have a read about the game and surprise surprise both stories were about Port.

Just like Freo last year, apparently they are the team to beat and are better than us. Oh well I guess we need to be prepared off more of the same if we win as the wank fest over the Swans will be unprecedented.

Pressure early & its ours.

They play Home & Away Football & don't have a Finals cog to slip into. All year we conserved by corralling (had to due to injuries & suspensions) but we're now in Finals & our Physical Game will dominate.

8-goal lead half way through the last then the fittest team on Earth will strike with 3 'courageous goals'* to bring it back to a 5-goal win.

*They never give up, don't forget :rolleyes:

I hardly think people doubt you mate, I don't.

Media coverage suggests otherwise. It's the same as last year when Shitney, Geelong and finally Freo were all going to beat us.

You guys are a worthy opponent and I'm glad we have the chance to play you instead of a wounded Freo as a win against you would mean more (if we get over the line).

I hate stats like that. Half those games we've played at twilight were probably against Melbourne. Also considering Port have only played 2 twilight games at the MCG doesn't really tell you anything.
Spot on. It's a ****ing Jon Ralph type stat.

Listening to the media...i know i shouldn't...but it's all bout Port and Swans.

We are an afterthought. No positives considered, no strengths analysed.

It's all about how good everyone else is. If you were a noob to the country, you wouldn't have an idea what is going on.

It's disgusting when AFL mouthpieces try to dictate the narrative the AFL desire!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all about how good everyone else is. If you were a noob to the country, you wouldn't have an idea what is going on.

It's disgusting when AFL mouthpieces try to dictate the narrative the AFL desire!

The AFL would love the unbeatable champs v young contenders narrative to eventuate as it would most likely result in their love child winning the flag.

Against us, it's a genuine 50/50 game with us having the advantage of the game being played on our home ground. Will be interesting to see the reaction of the AFL brass and the media if we were to salute next Sat.

Didnt we agree that this was a good thing (or at worst inconsequential)?

I'd just like to say I'm hoping for ripper of a game today and who ever wins I pray they smash the cola s next week.

Good luck but not too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back