Preview 2nd Preliminary Final Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - Destiny Beckons

Remove this Banner Ad

10614350_1468468070098547_4149933636542327921_n.jpg

1924391_932365416778797_7465342402255632590_n.jpg

Out of interest why can't club be associated?

My best guess would be that if Port were to benefit from it, it would have to be authorised by the AFL as official merchandise and i suppose at this time of year Port has better things to worry about then getting the ok for a shirt.

On topic, i am starting to get very nervous. I wish i can just skip 24 hours and be done with the whole waiting to see our destiny.

Got to enjoy the lead up. We have fast tracked our development this year. It's all a bonus. Hopefully the players are hungry though and we can take on the millionaire sucks. Would luv to see those wanks get their butts kicked

Just read a post by a Hawk fan in the Norf/Swans autopsy that raised my eyebrow.

Reckons we'd have no hope against Sydney as the Swans would shut down our game style and a Swans/Hawks GF would be a "better spectacle"!

I wonder if some of these people watch any games before they bestow us with their wisdom?

Nice to see the entire commentary team tipped the Hawks. Under the radar all week, thankyou.

because it's unofficial merchandise, unsponsored, not endorsed by afl, and use of Kens image.
also, ken is all about TEAM not individualism. so although he loves the humour and irony of it, he doesnt actually like the idea of being idolized by fans haha

I HAVE THE YES WE KEN SHIRTS (check out my avatar).
Vic Pisani designed the original, and I ran with the shirts for the game v Freo in Perth.
I am bringing 150 of them to Melbourne tomorrow.
$15 (NO PROFIT). sizes s-XL. one per person. first come first served.
2.30PM sharp at the bottom of the steps of birrarung marr.
IMPORTANT: I have been given the OK by the club, under the proviso that this be a small once-off run just between cheer squad/members/supporters etc. The club cannot be associated.

View attachment 81085
Yep I'm in. Will see ya there at 2.30!

You guys must be lovin' -
A. Clubs direction
B. Your list
C. This years form
I've said before on here. I think PORT is the next Geelong. The stars are aligning..
Hawks really fear you. Rarely happens.
Good luck this week, IMO 2015 will be your year. But wouldnt be surprised if you bobbed up one year early.
If you beat Hawthorn I will be backing you to go all the way
Midfield wise maybe but we still need to find another forward...... come on down paddy Ryder! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO the winner of this wins the grand final.

I think Hawthorn should be favourite for the flag and if we were to beat them at their ground after a week off that is monumental. Hawthorn are absolutely primed for their best game of the year with no injuries and the week off.

IMO the winner of this wins the grand final.

I think Hawthorn should be favourite for the flag and if we were to beat them at their ground after a week off that is monumental. Hawthorn are absolutely primed for their best game of the year with no injuries and the week off.

Whilst we may start favorites, we aren't certain to win. Port's run on the outside is a concern for us. We don't have quick inside midfielders and Port Adelaide once they get the ball off half back they will run it the length of the ground and score.

Who's got the edge in each areas of the ground:

Key forwards: Hawthorn
Small forwards: Port Adelaide
Inside midfielders: Hawthorn
Outside midfielders: Port Adelaide
Key Defenders: Hawthorn
Small-Medium defenders: Port Adelaide
Rucks: Port Adelaide

Whilst we may start favorites, we aren't certain to win. Port's run on the outside is a concern for us. We don't have quick inside midfielders and Port Adelaide once they get the ball off half back they will run it the length of the ground and score.

Who's got the edge in each areas of the ground:

Key forwards: Hawthorn
Small forwards: Port Adelaide
Inside midfielders: Hawthorn
Outside midfielders: Port Adelaide
Key Defenders: Hawthorn
Small-Medium defenders: Port Adelaide
Rucks: Port Adelaide

Would you be interested in taking Brent Renouf back?

Would you be interested in taking Brent Renouf back?

No... he would be fourth in line for a ruck spot in our team. :p

In all seriousness though I do feel for him. He had plenty of potential but injuries have stuffed his career up. Has hardly played any games over the last four years due to ongoing knee injuries.

No... he would be fourth in line for a ruck spot in our team. :p

In all seriousness though I do feel for him. He had plenty of potential but injuries have stuffed his career up. Has hardly played any games over the last four years due to ongoing knee injuries.
Probably 6th in line
1 hale
2 ceglar
3 mcevoy
4 grimley
5 lowden
Then renouf
Would happily take lowden or grimley to spare some selection headaches.

I hope Port loses by 72 points less than North lost by tonight.

I don't think my heart could cope with a result that close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just read a post by a Hawk fan in the Norf/Swans autopsy that raised my eyebrow.

Reckons we'd have no hope against Sydney as the Swans would shut down our game style and a Swans/Hawks GF would be a "better spectacle"!

I wonder if some of these people watch any games before they bestow us with their wisdom?

Nice to see the entire commentary team tipped the Hawks. Under the radar all week, thankyou.
I just love the way people keep writing Port off. At the risk of sounding like a cracked record, underestimate Ken Hinkley at your peril. If we're good enough to get past Hawthorn today, I have no doubt that we'll be a worthy opponent for Sydney next week - just as the Hawks will give them a scare if they triumph today.

I just love the way people keep writing Port off. At the risk of sounding like a cracked record, underestimate Ken Hinkley at your peril. If we're good enough to get past Hawthorn today, I have no doubt that we'll be a worthy opponent for Sydney next week - just as the Hawks will give them a scare if they triumph today.

No guarantees for anyone Phil. There's two games still to go and no one can predict how either may unfold.

But a "better spectacle"? I mean come on. Port's game style is universally lauded as exciting. Yep, the Hawks are professional and skilled, no doubt. But you'd have to be deluded to suggest that, without doubt, a Hawks/Swans GF would be a better spectacle. Sounds like the opinion of someone who has not even watched Port play.

No guarantees for anyone Phil. There's two games still to go and no one can predict how either may unfold.

But a "better spectacle"? I mean come on. Port's game style is universally lauded as exciting. Yep, the Hawks are professional and skilled, no doubt. But you'd have to be deluded to suggest that, without doubt, a Hawks/Swans GF would be a better spectacle. Sounds like the opinion of someone who has not even watched Port play.
I think it comes down to a lack of respect. We're the new kids on the block, so there's an automatic assumption that we'll freeze on the big stage. That belief may yet prove accurate, but for us to be written off like that: I agree with you that it's unfairly premature!!!

because it's unofficial merchandise, unsponsored, not endorsed by afl, and use of Kens image.
also, ken is all about TEAM not individualism. so although he loves the humour and irony of it, he doesnt actually like the idea of being idolized by fans haha

Sorry Ken, it's a bit to ****ing late for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Preliminary Final Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - Destiny Beckons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back