Preview 2nd Preliminary Final Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - Destiny Beckons

Remove this Banner Ad

It'd be nice if he puts in a similar effort to the other ex Port players we've played against in finals. Pearce & Chappy had shockers against us it'd be good to make it 3 from 3, no doubt Jr is a much better player than both of them.

Then play Norf in the grannie, Jacobs get a call up and makes it 4/4

I'm not sure if I'm the only one here who is concerned about this game following traveling to Perth on the weekend. Although we've been pretty good in our two games this year following our trips to Perth against Geelong and Richmond, in both of those games we got big starts then dropped away a bit in the last quarter. I know we're the best finishing team this year but Hawthorn are the second best, so I don't think we'll have any advantage over them. I have a feeling Hawthorn will get on top of us toward the end, it just depends if we're well enough placed to match them at that point.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one here who is concerned about this game following traveling to Perth on the weekend. Although we've been pretty good in our two games this year following our trips to Perth against Geelong and Richmond, in both of those games we got big starts then dropped away a bit in the last quarter. I know we're the best finishing team this year but Hawthorn are the second best, so I don't think we'll have any advantage over them. I have a feeling Hawthorn will get on top of us toward the end, it just depends if we're well enough placed to match them at that point.

I realise we ended up failing in 2012, but the Hawks can get rattled in prelims. The advantage you have over us is we lack the sheer volume of clutch players you have at your disposal. Even if, say, Wingard goes quiet this game compared to his already great finals campaign you've got the likes of a Hartlett or Gray that can take over.

If it comes down to the final 5-10 minutes of the game I would tip Port to win it.

My concern if I were a Port supporter would be the Hawks doing what Fremantle couldn't do and thats taking their chances should they have a long period of dominance. I can't see the Hawks failing to take advantage of the amount of opportunities that Fremantle had.

Last edited:
Well done on making the prelim.

I just hope that the winner of this game wins the premiership.

No more tainted $wan cups please

The COLA$ are the last team I want to see win the flag. Norf 2nd least.

Personal opinion, and not a popular one, but I think that Cyril, although a good player, is overrated. The way some of the Vics talk about him is that he's the best small forward in the comp. He's a guy who'll get 15 touches, 1-2 goals a game. Great defensive pressure, but off the top of my head I can think of at least 5-6 better small forwards than him. Not to mention coming off a massive layoff, to have to adjust to the pace of a prelim, it's a big ask. All the more credit to him if he gets up and kicks a bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am quietly confident about this week, as I was last week about beating Fremantle. I feel we can beat Hawthorn, will take a herculean effort, but I have that much faith in Kenny and these boys.The belief they will get from the Freo win, coupled with Hawthorn's past 2 preliminary finals wins, which were both close and hard fought, we have every chance.Yes their favorites,at full strength, will have Cyril back and are a great side but we are coming chock full of confidence with a gameplan and side that scares everyone.Also a quirk in our 2 finals so far we have beaten the deserters in Chaplin at Richmond, Pearce at Freo, now Shaun at Hawthorn awaits.Am excited already for the week ahead, and have a belief we will win.

I don't have any banner ideas :cry:
BUT does anyone know if the club are having another live site at Alberton?
Work on this..
upload_2014-9-15_15-25-11.jpeg
Where the wee and poo goes:D

It'd be nice if he puts in a similar effort to the other ex Port players we've played against in finals. Pearce & Chappy had shockers against us it'd be good to make it 3 from 3, no doubt Jr is a much better player than both of them.

The ideal schadenfreude scenario is:

EF - Chaplin, tick
SF - Pearce, tick
PF - Burgoyne, pending
GF - Jacobs, ????

Instead of the old 'too old, too slow' line heard in the past, is it a case of 'too young, too inexperienced' this time? I hope to hear this line about us sometime this week.

Friday 19 September
Summary
showers.png

Min 8
Max 16
Shower or two.
Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers. Winds southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h.

Saturday 20 September
Summary
light-showers.png

Min 7
Max 17
Possible shower.
Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers. Winds southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h turning southerly during the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Preliminary Final Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - Destiny Beckons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back