Preview 2nd qualifying final 2016: Geelong v Hawthorn, 9 September 2016, 7.50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool your jets sweetheart, resorting to calling posters flogs suggest that you don't have much more to go with other than the fact you don't know talent when you see it.
Each to their own Mad man.

Wasn't saying Sicily doesn't have talent. He's been good in a number of games this year and played a big role in a couple of wins (North and WB in particular).

From what I have seen of him this year (I watch most games) he is strong in the air and does some special things when he has time and space.

I have also seen him struggle with physical pressure, miss tackles and not look assured at ground level.

If it was (or is) a clear night I'd definitely have Sicily in the side. He's the sort of guy who could easily kick 2-3 goals and turn a game.

However, the forecast is not looking good and contested marks (which is how Sicily gets a lot of his goals) are going to be very difficult to take.

Wet weather footy is scrappy and suited to players who can win it at ground level. Howe is stronger in this area than Sicily, plus he is another potential midfield rotation and on that basis I would have Howe in over Siciky this week. I also think (based on his three games) Burton is better suited to wet conditions due to his better tackling, bigger body and the composure he has shown.

However, it's unlikely to happen and I'll support whoever runs out tomorrow.

Wasn't saying Sicily doesn't have talent. He's been good in a number of games this year and played a big role in a couple of wins (North and WB in particular).

From what I have seen of him this year (I watch most games) he is strong in the air and does some special things when he has time and space.

I have also seen him struggle with physical pressure, miss tackles and not look assured at ground level.

If it was (or is) a clear night I'd definitely have Sicily in the side. He's the sort of guy who could easily kick 2-3 goals and turn a game.

However, the forecast is not looking good and contested marks (which is how Sicily gets a lot of his goals) are going to be very difficult to take.

Wet weather footy is scrappy and suited to players who can win it at ground level. Howe is stronger in this area than Sicily, plus he is another potential midfield rotation and on that basis I would have Howe in over Siciky this week. I also think (based on his three games) Burton is better suited to wet conditions due to his better tackling, bigger body and the composure he has shown.

However, it's unlikely to happen and I'll support whoever runs out tomorrow.
Cool with that, I like Howe as well, Sicily covers ground better for mine and well I'm just taken by his game turning ability. Both Sicily and Burton look to be big game, big moment players for mine.

Would love to see Spangher up and running as much as the next bloke but geez I'm worried about him doing an injury everytime he runs on the field. Can't remember how long he lasted in his last game but from memory it was only minutes.

I get that injuries can happen to anyone at anytime, but he has a fragile body. So will be interesting to see if he does come in off the emergencies if it's really wet as a slippery ground wont help.

watching doggies game............wouldn't it be great if they won.............................. still have to beat em... but they are a much nicer team to play than the weagles

Gee people are tough on Hill. Yeah he has negatives but to suggest that he isn't super important for us is insane. His decision making with ball in hand is good, particularly deliverying into F50, much better than hartung in this respect. Talk to forwards at the club, they salivate when hill is running down that flank and delivers a short pass into the 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back