Preview 2nd qualifying final 2016: Geelong v Hawthorn, 9 September 2016, 7.50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels a little top heavy if it rains. Would like to see Howe in if the wet weather eventuates.

Burton probably plays back based on that line up.

Hopefully no issues with Stratts or Big Boy that will cause them to be a late withdrawal.
Who would go out for Howe from that line up?

This rain better come or the decision to play 1 KPD against their tall could come back to bite Hawthorn on the ass.

Having said that, it's been raining quite steady today, especially in the past 90 mins where thunder and lighting is present.

It's meant to rain all day tomorrow so even if it stops before the game starts in the evening it should still have an effect on the game. I know the MCG has good drainage but this should be a significant amount of rain that gives it a good soaking. Can't see it drying out that quickly.

Definitely one of the 'talls.' Personally, I'd leave Sicily out due to the fact that he isn't that great at ground level and his greatest asset will be nullified in really wet conditions.
The Mad bit kind of sums up that thought.When are we going to get a don't like button?

Definitely one of the 'talls.' Personally, I'd leave Sicily out due to the fact that he isn't that great at ground level and his greatest asset will be nullified in really wet conditions.
He can do poorly (and sometimes amazingly) at ground level, but I'd back his hands to clunk a few in the wet.

The Mad bit kind of sums up that thought.When are we going to get a don't like button?

Perhaps you could offer up an alternative thought (like the poster above did) rather than having a go at me when I was responding to a question someone else asked. We are here to discuss the game and the team selection aren't we?

If you don't agree with me that's fine but there's no need to be a flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spang in for Doc would have really rounded things off nicely, we are too short down back.
No. Doc is our only true small defenders and our most consistent rebounder this year.

You are worried we are too tall but want to swap Sis 186cm for Howe 191cm, different players I know but we'd also be swapping a forward for a mid/back

Imo hill should of been dropped instead of billy
Very tough, couldn't of been easy for the selection committee this week. Bully definitely deserved a spot based on last weeks performance but Hill can also play well in finals.

I dare say if Hill has a stinker that Billy will be in for him next game.

Scott Selwood in for the job of tagging Mitchell. Hopefully Mitchell's teammates take every opportunity to get stuck into Selwood and his brother.
I recall another coach having a player on his list just to stop Mitchell. Ross you got any tips for Scott? It doesn't really make a difference does it now Ross?

Very tough, couldn't of been easy for the selection committee this week. Bully definitely deserved a spot based on last weeks performance but Hill can also play well in finals.

I dare say if Hill has a stinker that Billy will be in for him next game.

Tough for Hartung. Reckon he doesn't go in as hard and tough as he should every time. Fixes that issues and he's in the best 18, every week.

Imo hill should of been dropped instead of billy
Agree with that think Billy has a better brain than Hill. I reckon all the flying our own flag talk by our players this week is by design. Possibly to fire up the puddys and get them to ingauge in rough em up tactics so they knacker themselves out. I'd be happy with a 6 goal win. Anything more would just be showboating.

Love the confidence clarko is showing in burton.

Kid can play and clarko knows it.

And as we all know, clarko knows more than anyone. Played cyril from the get go. Pushed Hill through quicker than anyone expected. Don't even start me on his recruitment of Dew, Burgoyne and Lake. Man is a genius.

Perhaps you could offer up an alternative thought (like the poster above did) rather than having a go at me when I was responding to a question someone else asked. We are here to discuss the game and the team selection aren't we?

If you don't agree with me that's fine but there's no need to be a flog.
Cool your jets sweetheart, resorting to calling posters flogs suggest that you don't have much more to go with other than the fact you don't know talent when you see it.
Each to their own Mad man.

Love the confidence clarko is showing in burton.

Kid can play and clarko knows it.

And as we all know, clarko knows more than anyone. Played cyril from the get go. Pushed Hill through quicker than anyone expected. Don't even start me on his recruitment of Dew, Burgoyne and Lake. Man is a genius.
Didn't need to be a genius to know that dew, Burgoyne and Lake were stars.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

This rain better come or the decision to play 1 KPD against their tall could come back to bite Hawthorn on the ass.

Having said that, it's been raining quite steady today, especially in the past 90 mins where thunder and lighting is present.
Probably why Spang is in the emergencies.

Agree with a lot of others Hartung a stiff omission.
But excited to see Burton, Sicily and Fitzmagic play their first finals game, wish them the best of luck and hope we get over the line against the pussies.
Go Hawks!

Spangler an emergency, where is Brand?
Watching Dogs with no genuine ruck gets you thinking perhaps we could play BB and Brand as our rucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back