Preview 2nd qualifying final 2016: Geelong v Hawthorn, 9 September 2016, 7.50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selection smokey: Gus Litherland. He is possibly our best wet weather player. Gets the ball, runs up to 30 meters and kicks it 60 (rarely lowers his eyes: a fault when it's dry but a boon when it's wet). 20+ defensive acts per game. Dominated in the wet for Box Hill. Would be too fast for Menzel.
My tip is that he will be an emergency who gets a late call up if marking will be tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad for Hartubng. He played well last game. I guess it's down to match ups. And also with the wet weather expected it's going to be a physical game with a lot of body contact, bumps and bruises. And that's not Hartung.

B: Taylor Duryea, James Frawley, Shaun Burgoyne
HB: Luke Hodge, Josh Gibson, Grant Birchall
C: Isaac Smith, Sam Mitchell, Bradley Hill
HF: Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Cyril Rioli
F: Paul Puopolo, Jack Fitzpatrick, Ryan Schoenmakers,
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Jordan Lewis, Liam Shiels
Int: Ben Stratton, Brendan Whitecross, James Sicily, Ryan Burton

Emergencies: Billy Hartung, Dan Howe, Matt Spangher

IN: Stratton, McEvoy
Out: Pittonet (omitted) Hartung (omitted)

Milestone: 100 games for Ryan Schoenmakers

Spang in the emergencies...interesting!

Feels a little top heavy if it rains. Would like to see Howe in if the wet weather eventuates.

Burton probably plays back based on that line up.

Hopefully no issues with Stratts or Big Boy that will cause them to be a late withdrawal.

Comfortable with that line up wet or dry conditions.

Geelong are also going in tall, if not taller. I rate ours talls as being better below the knees than most of their talls. Tall.

Didn't expect Burton to be ahead of Hartung. Poor Billy. Is an emergency though - harking back to the days when we were kings of the late change? Good to see Spang close as well, though not sure we need him tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back