2nd Test: South Africa v Australia @ Johannesburg (Thur - Mon) Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing India on a quick and bouncy wicket might be interesting.

We all know about what Sharma can do on such a surface, but Umesh Yadav is a tall and very fast bowler who would be a major handful too.

I know India beat us in 08, but I don't remember that being your super typical Perth wicket, though better than they had been previous. The one against the Poms last year was better.

True. My view also is that I would back India's batsman on bouncier wickets then the current Australian ones.

it would be a serious session or an amazingly long sleep for you to wake up to find the game over in Australia's favour.

246 in 30 or so overs in fading light, no worries :)

SA would have to be complicit in bowling spinners in the fading light to ensure the umpires don't take the players off too, which would seem unlikely if we were blasting them to all parts of the ground.

The hype leading up that test was that the waca was back to its quick best reality is we gave india a slow perth pitch which turned late.

Honestly you can't have watched the actual mach if you think it was a quick pitch.

We were probably scared if it was a bouncy pitch they would of got a charter flight from Perth back home upon inspection.

I've missed a fair amount of the Shield and Domestic One Dayers, can someone fill me in on how Queensland are that good?

Should we make them the national team, or are the rest just that bad?

Not the most talented and have had a bad run with injuries, probably just guys taking their opportunities and good coaching from Lehmann.

The hype leading up that test was that the waca was back to its quick best reality is we gave india a slow perth pitch which turned late.

Honestly you can't have watched the actual mach if you think it was a quick pitch.

Fair enough point- I still maintain the pitch was a lot quicker then previous seasons. The point I am trying to make is that India's batsman are better equipped to deal with bounce then the current Australian teams.

All the press are saying that Punter is due for the chop, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Clarke will want to hold onto a couple of the experienced players.

I would personally prefer to see the back of Haddin first, purely because Wade is demanding selection whereas the same can't be said for prospective replacements with the bat.

I remember Ishant Sharma did a number on Ricky Ponting with one of the best overs/spells i've seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I maintain that you're talking rubbish.

Made Shaun Tait look pedestrian.

The pitch has not been quick for years. It was quicker that year but no where near the level of its glory days. I would welcome a return to the old days. Unfortunately many Australian pitches tend to be drop in pitches now which is part of the reaspn why most pitches are flatish nowadays..

The pitch has not been quick for years. It was quicker that year but no where near the level of its glory days. I would welcome a return to the old days. Unfortunately many Australian pitches tend to be drop in pitches now which is part of the reaspn why most pitches are flatish nowadays..
Absolute rubbish. Some of the domestic games have produced belters, just the test match pitches tend to be dulled down (last one wasn't bad)

There is NO basis for claiming it was quicker during that year. It was dead.

Can't wait for the annual 'the wacca is back' pre match hype. I believed it one year then watched brad hodge make 200 on one of the slowest roads ever. Love these South African pitches though.

It would take a collapse of dicktastic preportions for us to lose this. If they goof this up, they all have the mental toughness of an Under 8's basketball team. I'll be spitting venom and yelling at strangers in the street for a week.

It would take a collapse of dicktastic preportions for us to lose this. If they goof this up, they all have the mental toughness of an Under 8's basketball team. I'll be spitting venom and yelling at strangers in the street for a week.

Really??? We're still 229 behind. SA would be favourites.

No, it'll only take a standard Aus '10/'11 collapse. Which I fully expect unless this pair can take us to within 10 of the total.

You serious? South Africa still in front.

Sympathies for whoever crosses your path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back