Past #3: Brady Rawlings - drafted in 1998 w/ #15 - 245 games & 3 Syds - NMFC list manager!

Remove this Banner Ad

He looks a shy, quiet type off the field, and my only concern is he takes this into matches. He doesn't look to have the cold, hard, aggressive make up of the typical defender. I agree about playing senior footy for Werribee, would be huge if he makes big inroads this year. Foot skills, pace and height, could be a weapon if he is to make it at senior level.

So did Phil Carman.

So does Darren Milburn.

Re: 3. Brady Rawlings

Brady had a solid game statistically, but coughed up some bad disposals including an outright howler that cost us a goal and halted our 1st quarter momentum.

He looks mentally flat at the moment, most probably due to the defence constantly being under seige all the time with such an immature midfield on the park.

26 disposals, 6 marks, 1 tackle.

5.5/10

I expect the champ to bounce back this week, as I have no memory of him ever putting in 2 bad games in a row.

Re: 3. Brady Rawlings

Rawling is finished, he is never a player with outstanding abilities. And when you age without top line skills, you will generally finish around 30 - 31. We need to make tough decisions and Rawling is one of them.

He highlights the problem with North at the moment as the leading disposal winner for the FOURTH GAME this year.

And this clutz has got to be along with Anthony who is also a prolific ball winner, a guy no supporter feels confident with when he has the ball.

We need someone in the midfield to stand up desperately im struggling to think of one player who has impressed/improved this year.

Understandably we are young and inexperienced but Rawlings our leading ball winner? Cmon!

Makes a few blues but i like him, gets a fair bit more of it than some of the more celebrated players thats for sure.

Lets get real. The opposition zone off Rawlings to allow him to get the ball. He butchers it, puts a team mate under pressure or places to a 50-50. He is a pure tagger and should be used as such.

As for Anthony he does does run to position enough to earn the footy and links up well but his kicking is way too high.

Once again a tough call needs to come from somewhere.
But it wont.
I like Rawlings but when Levi comes back he will offer more and then some than Brady.
Tagging isnt as important as it once was due to the frontal pressure.
Basically if you havnt the footy the whole teams tagging.
Last year he was excellent.
He needs to keep on improving cause opposition sides are counteracting his effectiveness.

Wasn't he playing on Stokes? It is not like he is shutting down a dangerous forward either. I am not going to bag him for trying to rebound, but some of the decisions to go back or sideways which put us under pressure right in front of goal rather than to go forwards has me ****ed. If you go back or sideways the option must be clear and the other flank has to be clear for players to run into otherwise it is a cop-out kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes a few blues but i like him, gets a fair bit more of it than some of the more celebrated players thats for sure.
That's fine off field, even though I disagree, but he did it again today jozeph, and it's deflating players up the field (you can see it on their faces), not to mention giving teams the impetus to reek havoc.

Pratt was on Stokes for the majority of the game.

Rawlings didn't turn it over and tried hard. Was our 3rd best player today so you can all stop being haters.

Maybe turn your vitriol to Firrito who was manhandled by midget and monster alike. Worst defender in the AFL.

Not sure how it looked on tv but I was at the game and i have to say Brady worked his arse off, and managed to stop the Geelong surge a number of times. And I thought his disposal was good today.

Not sure how it looked on tv but I was at the game and i have to say Brady worked his arse off, and managed to stop the Geelong surge a number of times. And I thought his disposal was good today.

He's so far from our biggest problem that it's laughable.

This thread is a monument to idiocy.

He was the leading possession getter and a 33% of the side had worse disposal efficiency than Brady.

There are far too many people on this board that simply don't have a clue.

Many 50 gamers have worse disposal than Brady? If so get rid of as they are not up to it. I say this even though Brady is afforded more room than most. He is a liability.

Many 50 gamers have worse disposal than Brady? If so get rid of as they are not up to it. I say this even though Brady is afforded more room than most. He is a liability.

If Brady is a liability then you better get the red pen out and put it through 12 other names, including the coaches name.

"The Kids" get far too much latitude around this place.

Did you see Richmond play today?

They have flown past us at an embarrasssing rate.

If Brady is a liability then you better get the red pen out and put it through 12 other names, including the coaches name.

"The Kids" get far too much latitude around this place.

Did you see Richmond play today?

They have flown past us at an embarrasssing rate.

Their mature players are not a liability though.

Guys who have 100+ games:
Harvey (fair)
Rawlings (poor)
Petrie (good)
Wells (good)
Firrito (poor)
Pratt (poor)

Guys 50-99 games:
McIntosh (dnp)
Swallow (poor)
Thomas (poor)
McMahon (poor)
Campbell (dnp)
Edwards (dnp)
Thompson (fair)

Mature players:
Anthony (shizen)
Pedersen (poor) At least he was played in a position he isn't suited for.

Like I said a few weeks ago, that isn't the environment to get the most out of young players. Do the same with Richmond's squad and you won't see the same trend from today's game.

When this group leads, the kids will follow. If they are waiting for the kids to lead then their role at our club is in essence obsolete.

The opposition would love Brady Rawlings, we let him get the ball a lot in the back half and the opposition love him getting the ball in the back half as more than likely they know it is coming back and quick.

A great player of the club, so I really want Rawlings going on his own terms and rotting in the VFL, he should make the hard call himself, he is hindering our future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #3: Brady Rawlings - drafted in 1998 w/ #15 - 245 games & 3 Syds - NMFC list manager!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back