Past #3: Brady Rawlings - drafted in 1998 w/ #15 - 245 games & 3 Syds - NMFC list manager!

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos is an interesting angle in the media.

I haven't agreed with some of his points of view this year, although there is not a truer passage spoken in that clip and they were my thoughts at the game.

For memory at the game, Hansen was on up the line and had presented well.
(In actual fact, Rawlings seemingly ignored Hansen on more than one occasion throughout the game, which someone in the crowd also noticed).

But we can't deal with if-only's. Hang on, this is BigFooty.

**** if-only he kicked it to Hansen. :rolleyes:

For memory at the game, Hansen was on up the line and had presented well.
(In actual fact, Rawlings seemingly ignored Hansen on more than one occasion throughout the game, which someone in the crowd also noticed).

Lachie made a heap of 'weak side' leads all nigh..ummm...twilight, that largely went unrewarded. Dunno if it stood out like dog's nuts to me because I sit pretty square on the wing, but dude just kept presenting the whole game.

(Which on a side note, I found quite interesting as a whole bunch of frothing types on BF assure me that his large tank is a fallacy.)

Lachie made a heap of 'weak side' leads all nigh..ummm...twilight, that largely went unrewarded. Dunno if it stood out like dog's nuts to me because I sit pretty square on the wing, but dude just kept presenting the whole game.

(Which on a side note, I found quite interesting as a whole bunch of frothing types on BF assure me that his large tank is a fallacy.)

Lachy looks best when running to half back and providing a link out of defense, did it multiple times and was a lot of the running was unrewarded.

When Brady kicked and missed the easy target, I turned to my 8 year old and told him Rawlings will retire at the end of the year. Its not effort and he can be the best stopper in the league. The style of game will come undone when faith in team mates is lost and the is exactly what happened against Richmond.

Blaming Brady is akin to putting a band aid over a shark bite.

However, I do think it's time he came out of the back line and we looked for longer term quick defender solutions.

We could do with his hardness and accountability around the middle and a move upfield would dilute his disposal issues.

He's mistakes were too costly on Sunday, if not for his mistakes we would have had 4 points on the board - simple as that.

Now more than ever, he is a liability. Regardless of how much he has done and continues to do for our club he is our cancer on the field.

He's mistakes were too costly on Sunday, if not for his mistakes we would have had 4 points on the board - simple as that.

Now more than ever, he is a liability. Regardless of how much he has done and continues to do for our club he is our cancer on the field.

I suppose we should also arseh*le Todd for his 12 point clanger and the entire defensive back line for the 24 ridiculous points they coughed up.

Brady brings more good than bad to the table.

Have always admired Brady and think some of the venom he's copping is out of line but there were a few plays where his lack of skill appeared magnified v Richmond.

Commented "that's a match turner right there, the momentum will swing now" after his little coughup and it seems a lot of people got that same impression. It's like everyone on the field suddenly perceived North's foot to come off Richmond's throat for a second.

Don't know if it's time to dump one of our leaders but his composure under pressure was not where it needed to be for a veteran and the next few weeks will give a glimpse into whether this season will be it for him.

All that said, people who pointed out that there were plenty of other error makers out there on Sunday are absolutely right.

I suppose we should also arseh*le Todd for his 12 point clanger and the entire defensive back line for the 24 ridiculous points they coughed up.

Brady brings more good than bad to the table.

Yep, Toddy was poor again on the weekend. Further emphasising the need for Big Mac back.

I was all for Brady playing a defensive post, however after his YTD I can't see how he is helping us at all.

Commented "that's a match turner right there, the momentum will swing now" after his little coughup and it seems a lot of people got that same impression. It's like everyone on the field suddenly perceived North's foot to come off Richmond's throat for a second.

There is absolutely no doubt about it. We went from cruise control to fighting for goals.

Richmond lifted and we couldn't handle the pressure, hence all the stuff ups and behinds. Lets not forget Richmond were pretty poor also. They had a 5 minute patch in the last where they couldn't hit a target. Sadly we didn't make the most of it.

And does anyone care to remember he was out marked by Hill the week earlier?

Can I ask why Hanson is being played forward?
From what I see of him he would be a top shelf CHB and was drafted as a CHB as well it doesn't make sense to me but I don't see much of North Malbourne to be fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask why Hanson is being played forward?
From what I see of him he would be a top shelf CHB and was drafted as a CHB as well it doesn't make sense to me but I don't see much of North Malbourne to be fair.

When he plays in defence he plays as a nullifier, ie like Shannon Watt played. He has too much talent to be Watt 2.0 so was pushed to CHF and FF as needed.

He doesn't use his tank when playing in defence, he doesn't run and rebound aggressively like say Hurley does when in defence.

I do think our coaches are partly to blame, imagine sticking a guy forward who doesn't have a shot on goal routine. He has one now but his whole approach to goal kicking isn't great.

The thing that makes Lachy ineffective is our midfield, he leads but his leads are not rewarded. Our midfield is bomb-happy. If we injected more pace and more guys who have done pre-seasons so they will be able to run out games and we would be in a better position to reward forwards.

When you look at the players who went inside 50, guys like Pratt, Firrito, Rawlings and all sorts of players you don't want kicking the ball went inside 50 and I don't think any resulted in a goal. These are the guys who should be doing the 1%ers, the blocks, the shephards and sacrificing their game and disposals to get it into the hands of Wells, Harvey and the like who go inside 50.

Why don't we throw Brady forward? He could play on those dangerous hald back flankers opposition use to transition the ball from defence to foward. He wouldnt need to get the ball often if he can shut down one of the oppositions players who provides drive out of defence. it could go a long way to setting us up for a victory as one of our weaknesses is stopping opposition running the ball out of our forward 50. The coach panel could set him the task of shutting down these guys and aim for 5 or 6 forward 50 tackles a game and we would look like a far more dangerous team.

Dont think I have ever been more frustrated with a North player like I was with Thomas today...Im sick of excuses for him...He MUST be dropped and made to earn his spot...then we can trully see if he has the hunger

How can you be potting Thomas?? Have a look at Anthony's game, Jack Zeibell's game before you even mention Thomas...........

Be honest people, we have a huge amount of players down on confidence at present........and it has to get nasty at the club before it can get better. But a shock dropping or two may be the medicine the club needs. And I think Majak being a fresh/raw kid at the club COULD be the spark that ignites the club again. The look on Scotty's face post match told the story heads will roll and drastic action needs to be done.

"Show the players the 1996 and 1999 season in review videos so they understand what hard, tough, committed footballers look like."

Never better words written!!

I'd like to know your basis of comparison;)

i remember thinking back to that post the instant i heard about it. God dam it. What made it even worse was that he was showing signs that day. unbelievable.

From what I saw last week, I think the worst place to put him would be where he'd have handle the ball to score.

From what I saw last week, I think the worst place to put him would be where he'd have handle the ball to score.

His primary role is not to score goals, his purpose is to nullify the likes of Heath Shaw, Gibbs, Malceski, Duffield, Johncock and co. He would save more goals playing this role than in his current role in the backline.

I think Drew being down there will be massive. He's a real leader at the club and would be saying all the stuff Rawlings would be... plus he can kick a goal and we don't lose one of our best defenders. If Rawlings left the back line, we'd have a small forward kick 5 on us each game.

Don't we have this happening anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #3: Brady Rawlings - drafted in 1998 w/ #15 - 245 games & 3 Syds - NMFC list manager!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back