AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish - Back in the side - 25/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Both can be true. We need better clearance players back into the squad, but also we need mids better than Darcy Parish to provide them.

A midfield mix of Hobbs, Parish, Caldwell and Merrett won't work. We're kidding ourselves otherwise.

It is simple really . Parish is an elite clearance player but you either have to have protection for him as he is never going to bash and crash all day and get a lot of footy out or you need a change up guy so the opposition do not just sit on Parish at the CB or stoppage.

It is simple really . Parish is an elite clearance player but you either have to have protection for him as he is never going to bash and crash all day and get a lot of footy out or you need a change up guy so the opposition do not just sit on Parish at the CB or stoppage.
His lack of physicality is always going to be a problem in finals. We may as well deal with it now

Whatever we did with Duursma and Ridley do with him. Hopefully these last who weeks were bolted on not becuase of a setback but to ensure he’s cherry ripe like the later. Parish… like Shiel has the tendency to take 2-3 weeks to get going which we can ill afford

No need to rush him, we have depth other mids just need to step up and get it done.
Well, at the moment we are using an underperforming Perkins in there and run the risk of over-using Stringer. Having the luxury of using those two in short bursts, as required, sounds far more appealing to me. So while I agree we should take our time with Parish I’d also argue that we don’t have the depth and we are suffering in our team balance because of it. We need him back because our depth is being shown up as being superficial depth.

Well, at the moment we are using an underperforming Perkins in there and run the risk of over-using Stringer. Having the luxury of using those two in short bursts, as required, sounds far more appealing to me. So while I agree we should take our time with Parish I’d also argue that we don’t have the depth and we are suffering in our team balance because of it. We need him back because our depth is being shown up as being superficial depth.

It's all just junk possession accumulation. Anyone can fill those possessions.

/s

as per the thread title, he'll be back in 2 weeks. likely comes straight back in

(allegedly, this is from someone at the club)
I think he might have to play some reserves before he comes back although I could see him playing the forward/ mid role that Archie is playing as he has done it in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Becomes a father New
I do wonder if they would request some time off.
I often wonder about the impact on their performance.

Elite sport is a 24/7 job, in terms of preparation etc and parenting is or should be, too.

They're either doing an amazing job to train, play, recover at the same level even with the sleep deprivation, mental fatigue, creaky joints from laying and squatting in awkward positions, and general time devoted to raising a child.

Or they're half arsing the parenting. Hopefully it's the former.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish - Back in the side - 25/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back