Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - defender or forward? CC T5 in the AFL for avg.intercept marks p/game - re-signed until end of 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but … Wins.

I’ve lost all perspective and long term thinking. I just like this recent ‘winning’ thing that has been happening a bit and want it to continue.

Get out the sticky tape!
Get the W.. go into the last 2 games thirsty for more. Finishing the season with 5 wins would be awesome. Lets go

Good luck telling Chom he's sitting out when we have winnable games to finish the season...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Exactly.
Destroy Slow Motion GIF by Max

Just play him. Reminds me a bit of Colby (Leigh) in a lot of ways, toughness and injury wise. Spleen aside, every week you’d think yeah he’s hurt and surely he’s not getting up after that but he always would. We need him this week and there’s no way he’d want to sit this one out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awful game

Got taught a lesson

Didn’t even seem to understand that he needs to stay on his man.

Let alone the consistent decision not to punch the ball out of bounds. But why did he keep leaving their best forward alone.

Honestly one of the worst games from a key defender I’ve seen.

Didn’t even seem to understand that he needs to stay on his man.

Let alone the consistent decision not to punch the ball out of bounds. But why did he keep leaving their best forward alone.

Honestly one of the worst gamese from a key defender I’ve seen.
Because he isn't a key defender above the shoulders. Thats not saying he cant be if he was to learn the craft.

Needs a full preseason without marking priveliges, has to learn to kill the ball if he goes up. And not fly against team mates leaving his man on the ground

We lost it at selection- weagles have all these talls and we bring Bergman in
Should of brought in one of the Dawsons
Bergman was better than McDonald but some idiot superglued his name to the whiteboard in 2020 and the superglue remover has been out of stock.

I did giggle with Charlies game yesterday, I should drag out the relevant stats and post them, but I'm not like. Well if I was to drag out relevant stats to show how much better Charlie is down back, I would also include the stat that has us 17th for our fwd fifty entries and has us 2nd for opponent fwd 50 entries. Kind of relevant information one would suggest.

On yesterday he lowered his colours, does that make him less of a success story, nope.
I do though feel he would have been a better choice for McGovern, we made some strange choices at the selection table me thinks.

I did giggle with Charlies game yesterday, I should drag out the relevant stats and post them, but I'm not like. Well if I was to drag out relevant stats to show how much better Charlie is down back, I would also include the stat that has us 17th for our fwd fifty entries and has us 2nd for opponent fwd 50 entries. Kind of relevant information one would suggest.

On yesterday he lowered his colours, does that make him less of a success story, nope.
I do though feel he would have been a better choice for McGovern, we made some strange choices at the selection table me thinks.

Yep I’m doing a deep dive into yesterdays debacle and the tale of the tape for the first 2 and a half qrts is the match ups of larkey vs McGovern and comben vs Allan.

McGovern was single handily the reason we weren’t 10 goals up half way through the third when McDonald changed the momentum of the match.

Comben was lucky Allan hadn’t kicked 2-3 more at that stage. But it will only get worse for him from this point of the match onwards.

He has been a colossus but yeah he got done yesterday.

Maybe it was the capitulation up the ground but Eagles were far too efficient going inside 50. Corr can't do it on his own and Lmac is cooked.

Is it reasonable for the medical staff to get Charlie off for a rebuild now so he can get as much preseason work in as possible?

The remaining games can be used to get one or two others a bit of a run while Chom gets a grease and oil change.

Because he isn't a key defender above the shoulders. Thats not saying he cant be if he was to learn the craft.

Needs a full preseason without marking priveliges, has to learn to kill the ball if he goes up. And not fly against team mates leaving his man on the ground

He's still an upgrade on Magoo, I said that to old mate and he near slapped me, wtf how low is your bar set at were his words.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - defender or forward? CC T5 in the AFL for avg.intercept marks p/game - re-signed until end of 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Back