Preview Changes vs Brisvegas [In: Greenwood, Comben & Shiels / Out: Pink, Lazzaro & CCJ]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pink has copped Hogan, Jackson and the Curnow/McKay double act in his first 3 games. He’s a 2nd or 3rd key back at best and for me given our circumstances has been ok. Was bought in for depth purposes and not to become the next Steven May.

Aside from Harris Andrews, this Brizzie backline is pretty ordinary.

If the supply is somehow good enough, I could see Duursma, Zurhaar or Ford getting off the chain.

1712226798346.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got a best on ground once. Doesn’t mean I was any good.
I remember a game in the last season I played, the opposition ruck cleaned me up with a sling tackle just before half time and I was out for the rest of the game. We were a point up when it happened. We ended up losing by ten goals. Coach ripped shit out of all my team mates and gave me best on ground by default. The two sweetest words in the English language. Dee- fault.

I would hope he has a month or two to prove his worth.
Well in 2 VFL games this season he's averaged 10 marks and 19 touches a game....at age 22 at his height, athleticism, and physique, there is nothing to be gained to have him playing VFL. If he plays forward and isn't getting a hold of it, swing him back to play behind the ball to get him into it. Doubt he goes out of the AFL team if fit. Could also help in W Dawson's development by giving him more responsibility in the VFL.

It seems that this long stretch of mediocrity has been punctuated by selections driven by seniority rather than performances. It will be interesting to see if the Suns respond to six changes. We have left in so many under-performing players. Stephenson, Corr, Tucker, Stephens have all been poor, yet somehow, they survived. Happy to see Greenwood and Shiels come in to provide some leadership. Also happy for Chom to be given a run in the backs. Tough for Pink to go out, I thought he has been improving every week. McKay and Curnow seemed to kick most of their goals on Corr.

Have youse forgotten how much s**t youse put on Logue last season.

You make me larf and I thank youse for that.
I arcs youse are we expecting a better player after his knee reco.

And I never put shite on the bear
Not me, I love the bear..

OUT: Pink & Lazzaro who both said Parmi, in fact Laz was adamant that it was a Parmi.
IN: Comben & Sheils who both said Parma.
Should just be a Chicken Schnitzel slapped on a plate and save us about 100 threads and 8000 posts of debate..

Probably, facile to say it. However, this was always going to happen. We’ve been bullied around the ball for a couple of weeks now. Greenwood and Shiels are our only options to shift the dial on that score - at this time. As the Rolling Stones sang:-

“You can’t always get what you want…
You get what you need, oh yeah”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back