Preview Changes vs Brisvegas [In: Greenwood, Comben & Shiels / Out: Pink, Lazzaro & CCJ]

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiels has been reliable but was pretty awful in the GWS game, hope he's focused tomorrow. Greenwood can be quite handy in a pinch.

I understand the Pink snub, he would be absolutely no hope against the Lion talls tomorrow (to the point that it'd just be cruel) but Corr is definitely on some mighty thin ice for mine. If he has another dud game I'll be ropeable. Won't be dropped though because he's a leader... How did it come to this?

Will be great to see Chom back and I hope he performs well in his new role, there will be more than a few melts on here otherwise. Excited to at least see some change this week, I guess.
well actually sheils was poor for the first 5 mins ( 3 clangers iirc) he came on but settles after that in the GWS game,

Chad this is a bit s**t. First game at the level in 12 months after a serious leg injury, seriously…
And I'll be rooting for him, but he's replacing a young KPD with actual experience in defence, who only got 3 games at AFL level before being dropped.

This Comben-in-defense experiment simply has to pay dividends. And I hope it will!

Comben is the extra reach down back to play on Daniher/Hipwood types.
Greenwood takes the CCJ role and relief rucks.
Shiels selection is interesting, not sure what it offers other than experience and education on structures perhaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would’ve like to have seen Sellers in. Desperately want to see Larkey given some genuine support. Also a shame that the rest of the boys don’t get to put his case forward in the VFL this week.

Hope that Tucker is sub. Ford definitely deserves a full game.
Tucker won’t be sub
Trained really well and used most times as the last kick in the chain to deliver inside 50

Will be ford or shiels sub
I’m tipping shiels sub who didn’t even play a game last week

And I'll be rooting for him, but he's replacing a young KPD with actual experience in defence, who only got 3 games at AFL level before being dropped.

This Comben-in-defense experiment simply has to pay dividends. And I hope it will!
That's generous. 3 of the worst games that anyone has ever put in in the jumper

That's generous. 3 of the worst games that anyone has ever put in in the jumper
I simply disagree.

I thought Pink had some genuinely good moments and some pretty poor moments, but that's to be expected when you're playing your first AFL games against the teams that are currently 1st, 2nd, and 6th on the AFL ladder, including against multiple AA and Coleman Medal KPFs.

I have no idea why but a couple posters here seem to have been dead set on rooting against Pink before he ever set foot on an AFL field.

From who?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
This week is a rinse and repeat of last week in terms of expectations.

The only tiny caveat to that is Brisbane may be a team in crisis.

Outside of that, I expect Brisbane to want/need to win more with the quality/cohesiveness to get it done.

The expectations go for practically all of our players and I am tipping they kinda play like it.

Round 6 our opponents become more mentally achievable.

Is what it is.

The changes sit ok with me.
I would not have kept Stephenson or Stephens over Lazzaro. I can see why Clarko has stuck with Stephenson though, as he has shown in the past a very high ceiling. Some of his contested ball and tackling efforts each week, I just can’t handle

The changes sit ok with me.
I would not have kept Stephenson or Stephens over Lazzaro. I can see why Clarko has stuck with Stephenson though, as he has shown in the past a very high ceiling. Some of his contested ball and tackling efforts each week, I just can’t handle
Stephenson’s ceiling is about as high as a st Kilda footballers lit small persons illegal basement roof.

Edit: wouldn’t let me say m1dget.

I don’t understand, how does soft boy stevo continue to get games….seriously he is plain useless…
Clarko needs to come out and tell us why Philips ain’t getting a game….

Honestly I am starting to question Clarko ……..

Tucker won’t be sub
Trained really well and used most times as the last kick in the chain to deliver inside 50

Will be ford or shiels sub
I’m tipping shiels sub who didn’t even play a game last week
Respectfully disagree. Shiels should start and do a job. He is not a good sub option (ie a versatile utility, or pace in the last quarter etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back