Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, gotta reward consistent VFL form, especially with forwards in the ones not performing.

We were considering him with our first rounder.
I reckon he is one of those tall-too-small types who get shunted down the pecking order because of the AFL's heightism culture, sort of like the 170cm midfielders who often become later picks. Marking forwards under 192cm and mids under 180cm automatically have a 'buyer beware' tattoo on their foreheads. We can already see how much of an issue it is, in the debate over where he plays within the North structures which are pretty precise these days. Point is that if he is good enough, he will play wherever, and he will define his own role in the team. Risk and reward.

I caught a bit of training yesterday and it seemed to me in 1 drill, that Mason had been positioned not-so-subtly as the half forward trying to kick to advantage to a forward v back contest further afield.

Will play this week, as will BJ.

On another note, unfortunately, Spitta was as bad with ball in hand as he was Friday night. Looks a mile off the pace with his touch ATM. :(

The bus has a puncture this week.

Which reminds me of the kid I went to school with who arrived late to class once, to be met by an irate fire and brimstone type teacher who yelled "WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE TODAY?"

"Sorry Sir, the tram had a flat tyre" he replied without skipping a beat.

"Ok, sit down and turn your text book to chapter 3!"

What a shame for Mason. Hope he's right to go asap as he looked very much ready for elevation last weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a VFL v SANFL state of origin game this weekend. Not sure if AFL listed players are eligible to play, but maybe the club just doesn't want him named to play in that game, and didn't want to select him as one of the traveling emergencies?

A lot of foot injuries this season at the club, something's not right down there with this issue, never seen as many foot injuries at the club in one season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Back