Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

No wood on the wing thanks. The biggest knock on the young fella is that he doesn't have much of a defensive side.

Our forward line isn't functioning and brown had a stinker on the weekend. So it makes sense to add a different dimension in Wood.

Is that the only knock on Wood?

F*** me if wood doesn't get a game this weekend, I'll be seriously questioning the wisdom or lack thereof of the selection panel.

I want to see him come in for Brown.

I have been calling for Wood to come in for over 6 weeks now so we can use a more mobile forward line instead of bombing it in all the time. Whats more if he's played as a high half forward he possesses an awesome kick onto a lead which is something we have been lacking this year.

Interesting to see how Scott approaches the balance of this year......pick the team on form and potentially jeopardise a finals spot or keep playing the usual suspects hoping consistency comes. Tough decisions need to be made......the reality is that the excuse of being in a development window is almost closed.....to drop players and risk missing finals will be a damning indictment on Scott.

will he be picked after a 5 day break against the best in the comp?[/QUOTEI
Sure, he's a kid, hardly battle scarred, and would work his nuts off to impress. I know its not AFL level, but my kid plays school boys, club, and rep rugby union in a weekend, plus training every day,,,,,,kids can do the work....he would hate to have that excuse given to him to stop him debuting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he offers more than Petrie of late we will be talking about one of the more memorable debuts in recent history

Why is that??? Petrie hasnt offered much of late himself. Averaging 7.4 kicks, 4.6 marks and 1.6 goals a game this year is hardly good stats. He has had a shocking year and has fallen away with some other players in the team.

Did he run over your dog?

Consecutive games after a 5 day brake is a risky thing, for the player and for the team. We don't know if he was managed through his game on the weekend. It could be a legitimate reason for him not being picked. Couple that with the fact he's only recently returned from recent injury, it could be a recipe for disaster if he is picked.

He may have had his time managed, he may not have.
He may be completely over his injury, he might not be.
he might be selected, he might not be.

They're valid concerns, equally valid as many of us wanting to see him in the team sooner rather than later.

You've posted that a few times.

Sadly, I'm hearing something similar now. I'm sure he'll get another chance if he dominates another 30 or so VFL games.

yeah because to me it doesn't make sense to pick him... i would love for him to be in the team but realistically he played last Sunday. If we are to beat the hawks we will need all 22 players up and about for the full 4 quarters it will be tough on a first gamer.

yeah because to me it doesn't make sense to pick him... i would love for him to be in the team but realistically he played last Sunday. If we are to beat the hawks we will need all 22 players up and about for the full 4 quarters it will be tough on a first gamer.
Is there really that big a difference between playing on Sat night (and travel) and playing on Sunday?

Is there really that big a difference between playing on Sat night (and travel) and playing on Sunday?

the players get back early sunday morning and do recovery on sunday, whereas Sunday the game doesn't finish till 4:30 ish, recovery wouldnt happen till monday plus he is a first gamer coming off injury to play on a Friday night against the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Back