Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if recent history is anything to go by the club announces debutants prior to official team selection coming out. On that basis be no dumont or wood. So fail see how any sort of "message" will be sent at the selection table. Not long to wait now, let's see.

Consecutive games after a 5 day brake is a risky thing, for the player and for the team. We don't know if he was managed through his game on the weekend. It could be a legitimate reason for him not being picked. Couple that with the fact he's only recently returned from recent injury, it could be a recipe for disaster if he is picked.

He may have had his time managed, he may not have.
He may be completely over his injury, he might not be.
he might be selected, he might not be.

They're valid concerns, equally valid as many of us wanting to see him in the team sooner rather than later.

The club wouldn't rush him back if he wasn't ready. Look how the club managed Swallow and Tarrant.

And so logically Wright, Daw and McMahon too?
I'd presume so. Wonder if any if their game time was managed. If wood can't get a game thus week any his weribee mates can than I give up.
I still can't see how a Sat night game interstate is all that different to a Sunday game in Melbourne.
Im with you. Not only do the weribee boys have a shorter turn around they would of played harder.

Another baffling Brad Scott decision?!?!?!

The kid has earned a shot 6 day break or not. But no lets go back to the tried and true that haven't produced in donkey's years.

McMahon, Anthony and Wright....**** me this is the last bit of evidence for me that Brad Scott is a stupid campaigner.

Yeah, I can't disagree with the ^^.

I'm starting to really run out of patience with our selections.

How Wood (or Dumont to an extent) can't get a game off such impressive form and highlights, yet the same players who have already been tried and failed in recent times come in instead is just very disappointing.

Last edited:
Well if recent history is anything to go by the club announces debutants prior to official team selection coming out. On that basis be no dumont or wood. So fail see how any sort of "message" will be sent at the selection table. Not long to wait now, let's see.

Well picked.

I hoped you were wrong.......but yep, spot on regarding Wood/Dumont, and no greater message sent whatsoever.

Why is that??? Petrie hasnt offered much of late himself. Averaging 7.4 kicks, 4.6 marks and 1.6 goals a game this year is hardly good stats. He has had a shocking year and has fallen away with some other players in the team.
you said of late, Drew has actually started hitting the scoreboard and clunking some marks. Is having his 4 or more shots at goal a week now. If Wood debuted and had similar output in game one (clunking a few and having 4 or 5 shots) we would be calling him the next messiah, Hell Daw has a few shots and from his starting point he is never going to make and is a must delist. Drew is a going pretty well of late is all Im saying, his start was appalling but he has been going better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tip is black won't play and wood will come in......just got a feelin.

Quite possible, especially as he's on the emergencies. While I didn't think they would name him because of his injury/5 day break, it may be a case of giving him until tomorrow to prove he's recovered enough. Potentially the same with froggy. I won't be holding my breath, but it is interesting that they're listed as emergencies. A bit risky to put them on there as a message, if they're not actually healthy to play.

Pretty sure Wood has been an emergency a few times in the past 5 weeks and hasnt played yet. My bet is he will go with the slosh that has been picked already.

If Scott M can be promoted after a 5 day break, why not Wood.

Without having scrotal knowledge I can only presume that he pulled up sore, having missed a week or so with a minor hiccup recently and being less battle hardened, and the thinking with him is more long term than short. Dunno though Bigfella.

Without having scrotal knowledge I can only presume that he pulled up sore, having missed a week or so with a minor hiccup recently and being less battle hardened, and the thinking with him is more long term than short. Dunno though Bigfella.

They're actually good reason 'toes. :oops:

Wood coming off injury, the step up from vfl to afl is big and even harder to perform after 5 day around for a first gamer, whereas McMahon you would think is match hardened as he has been there and done it.

Yep, 'toes already blew my argument, thanks for rubbing it in :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Back