Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I hope we sign Pink and Phillips. Two of the best state level KPDs in the country. Hope and pray that one of them becomes a player in Clarksons system.
We really should have picked up Phillips last year. Although you could argue that no other club thought he was AFL list worthy either. But then, almost every other club doesn't have the worst defence in the comp as we do.

Correct - will be in the first week of November.

Wednesday, November 1
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences (9am)

Wednesday November 8
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes (5pm)

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
So that means other clubs have a month from now to secure him with better offers? or he's already committed to us unofficially?

We really should have picked up Phillips last year. Although you could argue that no other club thought he was AFL list worthy either. But then, almost every other club doesn't have the worst defence in the comp as we do.

I'm still annoyed a couple of years earlier that we didn't pick up Sam Collins when he was playing for Werribee... or even before that! I thought he was extremely unlucky to be delisted by Freo & was very surprised that no team immediately picked him up.

Hopefully he works out better than the last mature ager we recruited from Glenelg (Hosie).

I touched based with a mate over in SA and he said he is more of a dour stopper rather than an offensive interceptor. Very physical and has good closing speed and while he doesn’t have amazing skill he has good decision making and is a neat/long kick.

Despite not much fanfare both he and Oscar Clavarino (ex St.Kilda key defender) did get some interest in the mid season draft.

His numbers don’t blow you off the page, but he rarely got beaten all year. Was named at full back in the SANFL team of the year.

Averaged 11 disposals and 5 marks per game this year. He also lead the league in contested marks with 37 across 20 games.

I haven’t watched him this year, but as a depth option this looks to be a solid/decent choice.

Still hope we have a look at Ethan Phillips.

I actually think he's been recruited with the view of recruiting Phillips.

Phillips is an intercepting machine, I think he'd be a very good intercepter at AFL level as well. I just don't think he will be more than an average defender though, because of his foot speed.

Recruiting an excellent stopper, might be with the view of releasing Phillips into that intercept role, at VFL level to start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

two-in-the-pink-one-in-the-stink-fingers-in-ice-cream-meme-a95ec23a45adf03e60b853a88fa66c64.jpg
My Eyes Pain GIF

I have now lost my innocence, thanks tazaa :thumbsdownv1:

I actually think he's been recruited with the view of recruiting Phillips.

Phillips is an intercepting machine, I think he'd be a very good intercepter at AFL level as well. I just don't think he will be more than an average defender though, because of his foot speed.

Recruiting an excellent stopper, might be with the view of releasing Phillips into that intercept role, at VFL level to start.

I hope that’s the case! Pink can hold his own as a contested mark too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back