Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

I do understand. You’ve come here to p*** and moan in hindsight about what the club has/hasn’t done. Whilst neglecting the why and without offering any real idea of what they should do.

Newsflash, we have had four different football programs since 2019. Four! How the f*** can you expect thorough “forward planning”?

Clarkson decided within a few months of walking into the place that McKay wasn’t “on the bus”. Not sure the likes of Rawlings and Clayton could have foreseen that.

Logue was a good pick up. Do I think we should have drafted a couple young KPPs between 2020 and 2023? Sure, even though they probably wouldn’t be ready to play round 1 next year as an AFL KPD… But I also appreciate that there could be a number of reasons as to why we haven’t (coaches at the time, confusion around list strategy, lack of quality KPPs available at picks etc.).

If you want to point the finger at someone for not trying to retain Ben, point it at Ben himself, the clubs horrendous admin/management from 2017-2022 and Alastair Clarkson.

I think I’ll back Clarkson though. He think we are better off with Pick 3 and to rebuild the back 6 without Ben, who am I to disagree with that.

Stern Look
Well said Psicosis walks away frustrated

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

So it seems I will have to dumb down my previous postings so a Simpleton like yourself might understand what my point is. :stern look

Firstly let me remind you what I previously posted. “I’m on record as saying, yeah sure let McKay walk as long as we have an adequate replacement coming in.” :stern look

The thing is we didn’t even offer McKay a contract. No offer. Well if we are letting him walk for pick 3 then make sure we have an adequate replacement coming in. Has that happened? If no adequate replacement is coming in then that’s poor list management. A lack of forward planning. A lack of foresight. Capeesh Ironstein? :stern look

You can’t just let McKay walk and then go to the State Leagues and hope that the likes of Pink will be able to fill the void. Look at our list Bright Spark. Logue out injured for much of 2024. Corr more of a third tall. Dawson has only played a handful of games. Comben has not played back since being at the club. McKay all but gone. As it currently stands we have no decent seasoned key defenders that will be on our list available for much of the 2024 season. Zero! :stern look

Hopefully the above has been dumbed down enough for you to understand. My testicles are crossed for you. :stern look

To be fair, we made an offer to Ben Brown and that still turned out a turd. :stern look

Yes the primary reason for the negativity in this thread stems due to the frustration born from poor list management. However I did not say there wouldn’t be negativity in the thread. So once again I’ll give you “Nah”. Your response should’ve been Yes but. Not Nah. :stern look
For as long as I've been here people have been negative when they didn't need to be.

That's what I'm referring to. You might think all this negativity is just down to list management but a fair bit of it is just down to people being negative for the sake of it.

If that's what you meant then ... Yes, true that.

Like this a lot.

Couple of mates in SA have raved about him for two seasons. Sound sliek hes probably the best state league defender in the country, not on a list.

Logue
Corr
Pink
Dawson
Comben*

Id still like to draft O'Sullivan if possible, and trade for Caleb Graham, but this is a step in the right direction.

I do understand. You’ve come here to p*** and moan in hindsight about what the club has/hasn’t done. Whilst neglecting the why and without offering any real idea of what they should do.

Newsflash, we have had four different football programs since 2019. Four! How the f*** can you expect thorough “forward planning”?

Clarkson decided within a few months of walking into the place that McKay wasn’t “on the bus”. Not sure the likes of Rawlings and Clayton could have foreseen that.

Logue was a good pick up. Do I think we should have drafted a couple young KPPs between 2020 and 2023? Sure, even though they probably wouldn’t be ready to play round 1 next year as an AFL KPD… But I also appreciate that there could be a number of reasons as to why we haven’t (coaches at the time, confusion around list strategy, lack of quality KPPs available at picks etc.).

If you want to point the finger at someone for not trying to retain Ben, point it at Ben himself, the clubs horrendous admin/management from 2017-2022 and Alastair Clarkson.

I think I’ll back Clarkson though. He think we are better off with Pick 3 and to rebuild the back 6 without Ben, who am I to disagree with that.

Stern 🥴🥴 Look 🥴🥴
LOL. No you don't understand. Reading and comprehension are not your strong suit. That last sentence I just typed will be difficult for you to decipher. The points in your post above bounce around with presumption and ill thought. :stern look

I will remind you once again what I originally posted. “I’m on record as saying, yeah sure let McKay walk as long as we have an adequate replacement coming in.” I know it is a difficult concept for you to grasp but I will continue to repeat it in the vain hope that your tiny little mind will absorb it. :stern look

I will also remind you that we have yet to offer McKay a contract. Yet you want me to blame him for leaving? Turn it up! Had we put a contract offer in front of his face and he said no then different story. :stern look

As for Rawling and Claytons they would struggle to foresee the fact that they will need to take a shit in the next 24 hours. A major reason (not the only reason but a major reason) our list is imbalanced is because of those 2 bozos. Bottom line. And if you argue with that you are simply an apologist for them. :stern look

For as long as I've been here people have been negative when they didn't need to be.

That's what I'm referring to. You might think all this negativity is just down to list management but a fair bit of it is just down to people being negative for the sake of it.

If that's what you meant then ... Yes, true that.
"You might think all this negativity is just down to list management" Once again what makes you think that? Did I say that? "All". "Just down". :stern look

This is a part of my original post. "I dare say the negativity in this thread wouldn’t be as pronounced as it currently is." Surely you're bright enough to comprehend the above? Surely? :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, we made an offer to Ben Brown and that still turned out a turd. :stern look
We withdraw the offer after making it as a result of Covid and that. Yes handled that as well as Edward Scissorhands handles his snag having a crank. :stern look

And finally let me be on the record as wishing the 2 in the all the best at Hardon St along with any other State League player we recruit and they become very good footballers for the mighty NMFC. I don't want to win an argument. I want the NMFC to be dominant. :stern look

Big fan of this pick-up and big fan of our approach so far of filling key defence posts on the cheap.

Could back-fire and I look like an idiot, but it's the same approach I'd take as list manager based on where we are and what's available in both the free agency and draft markets.

LOL. No you don't understand. Reading and comprehension are not your strong suit. That last sentence I just typed will be difficult for you to decipher. The points in your post above bounce around with presumption and ill thought. :stern look

I will remind you once again what I originally posted. “I’m on record as saying, yeah sure let McKay walk as long as we have an adequate replacement coming in.” I know it is a difficult concept for you to grasp but I will continue to repeat it in the vain hope that your tiny little mind will absorb it. :stern look

I will also remind you that we have yet to offer McKay a contract. Yet you want me to blame him for leaving? Turn it up! Had we put a contract offer in front of his face and he said no then different story. :stern look

As for Rawling and Claytons they would struggle to foresee the fact that they will need to take a s**t in the next 24 hours. A major reason (not the only reason but a major reason) our list is imbalanced is because of those 2 bozos. Bottom line. And if you argue with that you are simply an apologist for them. :stern look
Reading. Comprehension. Tiny mind. Apologist. ✅✅✅✅. I’ll leave the insults to the side for now assuming it just stems from insecurity and having NFI.

We have different views of adequate replacements.

We also have different views about McKay himself. As I’ve posted previously, my understanding is that Clarkson doesn’t want him for multiple reasons, a key reason being is that Ben doesn’t want to be there. The reports about not having a contract in front of him is also different to what I have heard. As previously stated, we did try to put one in front of him at one stage but he refused to engage.

If you think our list issues are as simple as Rawlings and Clayton then no amount of stern looking can help you.

Stern 🥴🥴 Look 🥴🥴
you forgot to mention we had Matt McGuiness!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back