Player Watch #33: Brayden 'Sausage' George - re-signed until end of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he'll play seniors before the season is over.
Hope so, we could use a few new faces that aren't 18. Even a year of muscle / dev is good.

I reckon he'll play seniors before the season is over.

I’m sure it was mentioned somewhere that he was close the week Hardeman was picked. He did his shoulder in the 2’s that week.

He missed **** all training even if it was non contact. The fitness should be ok. A game or 2 in the VFL for touch and he should be ready.

He's in his second year - the first he was never going to play due to the knee.

We always knew he would need time in the 2s this year to build fitness due to the knee.

Yes, had a pre-season injury, but played VFL Round 1.

In the real world, as opposed to Big Sooky La La Land, he's had exactly ONE injury that's cost him matches, and even then he's missed what - two weeks?

I reckon some folks around here have got so used to sooking and being negative they've ripped their sooking organs clear off.

(Which is not to say there hasn't been lots to sook about over the last four or five years. This though, this is not one).
In reality, that is the case. But contextually, we have a long history of promising, possibly future star players being cut down with hobbling injury. So yeah, there is good cause to be a little pessimistic.

I assume we are going to be cautious with him too.
Bubble Boy Loop GIF by Achievement Hunter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for trying players in different positions to get the most out of them, particularly if they're out of form for a period of time or the player's skills fit a position of need, but this bloke is a forward's forward.

Playing him in defence is a head scratcher to say the least.

Last edited:
I’m sure it was mentioned somewhere that he was close the week Hardeman was picked. He did his shoulder in the 2’s that week.

He missed heck all training even if it was non contact. The fitness should be ok. A game or 2 in the VFL for touch and he should be ready.

And the real issue has been miles in the legs, which won't have been impacted.

Reckon not long after the bye.

I'm all for trying players in different positions to get the most out of them, particularly if they're out of form or struggling to impact for a sustained period of time, but this bloke is a forward's forward.

Has there ever been any research on why blokes coming back from injury are better off playing in the back half?

It’s like somebody said it one day and now everybody believes it.

Has there ever been any research on why blokes coming back from injury are better off playing in the back half?

It’s like somebody said it one day and now everybody believes it.
we dont have his type of player in the backline.
Hard nosed, likes to tackle and has good foot skils.
I'm think maynard type.

There's a reason why we'd consider him in that position.
Really good solid medium defender type.

I'm all for trying players in different positions to get the most out of them, particularly if they're out of form for a period of time or the player's skills fit a position of need, but this bloke is a forward's forward.

It's really not.

How many medium, full time forwards are there in the comp who have consistent, meaningful impact on results over a long period of time? Clarkson shifted both Sicily and Hardwick back for this reason.

Obviously there are examples, but that size and skill set generally translates better behind the footy than in front of it.

It's really not.

How many medium, full time forwards are there in the comp who have consistent, meaningful impact on results over a long period of time? Clarkson shifted both Sicily and Hardwick back for this reason.

Obviously there are examples, but that size and skill set generally translates better behind the footy than in front of it.

I take it you haven't watched Brayden George play much?

we dont have his type of player in the backline.
Hard nosed, likes to tackle and has good foot skils.
I'm think maynard type.

There's a reason why we'd consider him in that position.
Really good solid medium defender type.

That's not what i'm asking.
It was more a general comment about everybody thinking it's easier on the body to play in the back half so chuck players coming back from injury in the back 6.

I think it's a myth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Brayden 'Sausage' George - re-signed until end of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back