Past #33: Matty Campbell - delisted at the end of the 2012 season

Remove this Banner Ad

That roving goal he kicked during the game was sensational, I watched the replay and Liam Pickering said the St Kilda tagger on him suffered wind burn from his acceleration, which I thought was pretty funny.

I think he has had a pretty forgettable year with all the injuries and has really lacked the conditioning from missing so many games but there were at times this week glimpses of him getting his pace and acceleration back after the string of hamstring injuries that plagued him. He is hugely important for the years to come, such a hard player to keep control of with his electric pace.

That roving goal he kicked during the game was sensational, I watched the replay and Liam Pickering said the St Kilda tagger on him suffered wind burn from his acceleration, which I thought was pretty funny.

I think he has had a pretty forgettable year with all the injuries and has really lacked the conditioning from missing so many games but there were at times this week glimpses of him getting his pace and acceleration back after the string of hamstring injuries that plagued him. He is hugely important for the years to come, such a hard player to keep control of with his electric pace.

If it came down to choice between he and Thomas, Campbell comfortably.

If it came down to choice between he and Thomas, Campbell comfortably.

I agree with Andy Murray's assessment here. ;)

That one piece of action showed what we've missed for the bulk of the year. I cannot wait for the 2010 season to kick off now, and a fit Flash is one reason why!

Good post
I wanna see more of that from the flash.

it is funny how everyone loves campbell but hates thomas

i like them both but all the people saying campbell is way better than thomas would have a very hard time arguing that based on past performances and facts

^^^^

Above 3 posters are mad.

People like Campbell but he actually tries. He kicks crumming goals and always puts pressure on. Always below the packs, getting a quick handball out. He has a clean pickup aswell. He puts pressure on the defence all the time and defenders are actually scared of him when running out of defence.

Thomas on another hand is a show pony. Tries to take huge unrealstic hangars which never pay off, never gut runs and always tries to kick goals from the boundary. Thomas had a great year last year. This year he has been ok. He kicks 4 goals once every 10 weeks and in that period he won't gather alot of possesions or kick many goals or put pressure on.

Campbell is much superior than Thomas.

Lets hope witha Pre season with Scott might change Thomas ways.I think you will better next season and a more harder Thomas.Scott wont put up with the crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Andy Murray's assessment here. ;)

That one piece of action showed what we've missed for the bulk of the year. I cannot wait for the 2010 season to kick off now, and a fit Flash is one reason why!

Thanks. Im a real chance for the U.S Open next week. ;)

Agree with breeno etc.. But the thing Flash has over Thomas is that Thomas is lazy. I dont see that in Campbell

People are being harsh on LT. But even if what they're saying is true, things are about to change!

^^^^

Above 3 posters are mad.

People like Campbell but he actually tries. He kicks crumming goals and always puts pressure on. Always below the packs, getting a quick handball out. He has a clean pickup aswell. He puts pressure on the defence all the time and defenders are actually scared of him when running out of defence.

Thomas on another hand is a show pony. Tries to take huge unrealstic hangars which never pay off, never gut runs and always tries to kick goals from the boundary. Thomas had a great year last year. This year he has been ok. He kicks 4 goals once every 10 weeks and in that period he won't gather alot of possesions or kick many goals or put pressure on.

Campbell is much superior than Thomas.

Thomas actually averages more disposals this year than Campbell.

We have to remember it has been a shit year, with <40 I50 entries more often than not, that doesn't help crumbers like Campbell and Thomas.

I personally like Campbell better, but people are being to harsh on LT.

Such unfair comparisons. If Campbell hadn't have kicked that goal then his game would have really resulted in much of nothing.

The season has been crap for both of them... LT because of his issues with diving, not getting up etc... Campbell because he seemed to swap hammies with Jesse Smith at some stage this season

The reality is it should never come down to the choice between Campbell and LT, both are required players and what people are underestimating is that when both are at 100% they give us 3 players worth of talent (one each and one for the fact they work so well together). You could probably count on one hand the games this season when they have both played the whole game and people should not forget this fact so easily

Had only 12 games this year and was restricted by injury. During the year Liam Anthony and Ben Warren burst onto the scene, as a centreman and mid to small forward respectively, taking up his 2 main positions.

Where does he go to from here in terms of position assuming Anthony and Milky are both right for Round 1? Backline isn't an option because it is finals side quality and if we pick up a gun midfielder at pick 5 (which I bloody well hope we do) there isn't really a spot for him if all of Anthony, Wells, Ziebell, Swallow and Pick 5 are fit for Round 1.

Forward line would be dominated by Boomer and Milky smalls wise.

What are the little fella's options?

Think given his age and ability that the game has clearly gone past him.

Carries no X factor completely boring to watch.

they may throw him a line and play him in the back pocket but by the end of 2010 won't be in our best.

I really require scarcasm font!

In our best 22 every day of the week, go back and watch the st kilda game from this year for his pick up and goal alone I say if fit he will play all 22 H&A and any finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #33: Matty Campbell - delisted at the end of the 2012 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back