Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Hopefully they all sign and they get no compo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No, the only compo they could have gotten is for Hooker who was an Unrestricted Free Agent, if Heppell or Hurley decide to exercise their CAS get out clause, Essendon get no compo.

ahahaha...5 years for $750,000 per year...essendon got rolled.

I don't think the $$$ are outrageous.

I reckon Hooker would be top 3 KPB in the league. Behind Rance and Weitering ;)

5 years is pretty hefty for a 28yo (by next year). But those kinds of deals are becoming more common.

Apparently a couple of other teams offer 6 years! :eek:

I don't think the $$$ are outrageous.

I reckon Hooker would be top 3 KPB in the league. Behind Rance and Weitering ;)

5 years is pretty hefty for a 28yo (by next year). But those kinds of deals are becoming more common.

Apparently a couple of other teams offer 6 years! :eek:
mate...i dont get it!
i dont rate him that highly...i really dont! dont get me wrong...he can play but i dont see him worthy of that long a contract or for that amount.
if carlton went after him i would be livid! reminds me of the dale thomas signing...hideous!

Looks like he made a decision based on where Freo are at now and decided he might be closer to success staying where he is.
Or Freo probably lost interest because they will now look to rebuild with younger players.

Looks like he made a decision based on where Freo are at now and decided he might be closer to success staying where he is.
Or Freo probably lost interest because they will now look to rebuild with younger players.

Or the whole Freo thing was just a ruse to squeeze more money out of Ess*.

Which is fine by me...

I think Essendon are shit scared of tainting their image more and will try and retain as many of the banned players as possible. It would look terrible if 12 or so players exited the club and thus be hard to attract further players from outside.

5yrs on 750k per season, for what will be a 28 year old by the time he next plays, that's a brilliant result for him & all other clubs. No FA compo now.

It's also commonly known as "buying silence"...
yeah...exactly how im looking at it...
* supporters can jump up and down as much as they like...and i can understand theyre happy to keep their man but i think he's definitely the winner in this one. if he plays to his capacity for the full 5 years then im happy to eat my words...
if it pans out the way i see it, * will regret it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah...exactly how im looking at it...
* supporters can jump up and down as much as they like...and i can understand theyre happy to keep their man but i think he's definitely the winner in this one. if he plays to his capacity for the full 5 years then im happy to eat my words...
if it pans out the way i see it, * will regret it...
Which would be glorious.

I reckon our win on Sunday helped make Cale's mind up. And no compo picks for the cheats this year, which is great for us and the rest of the comp for that matter.

Hurley's price tag just went up and you would have to think there would be a nice bonus in there for him if he delisted himself and got picked up for nothing.

5yrs on 750k per season, for what will be a 28 year old by the time he next plays, that's a brilliant result for him & all other clubs. No FA compo now.

It's also commonly known as "buying silence"...

28 year old with a year out of the game behind him. Will they be in a window during the next 5 years? Certainly they can play some decent football with all of them there but not at a top 4 level. I think it is all about PR for the club now, healing old wounds.

28 year old with a year out of the game behind him. Will they be in a window during the next 5 years? Certainly they can play some decent football with all of them there but not at a top 4 level. I think it is all about PR for the club now, healing old wounds.
And trying to reduce any potential compensation to the players by being sued. I am willing to be that in the fine print, there is a clause that prohibits the players who have re-signed from taking any form of class action against the club.

I agree. That & keeping as many of the 12 together as possible, keep them united, no loose lips so to speak. Also, to your point, good PR for their cult to soak up.

I hope they keep dishing out big contracts to Hurley, Heppell & co, they'll top up for a flag tilt in 17/18. When that falls through the pain will really kick in for that mob, all the legal bills will mount, they'll bottom out and only have a handful of decent kids left. Have no doubt, Woosha was bought in to be a messiah, just like Mick. They've refused to do what we finally have & get in the 21st century, it'll come back to bite them big time. Personally, I can't wait :thumbsu:

Hooker was the least important out of the H's for the bombers. Hurley and Hepell are better players, younger and you think will be after far more $$$$. Lots of cap space taken up if they get all three which would be nice. Love to steal Parish from them!

Most importantly no compo pick! Woot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back