Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hahaha oh Jimmy don't ever stop fella, who will he target next???
Probably the club.

It will be someone else's fault that Dank went wild (not that he did anything wrong) and the club have not protected St Jimmy's image. Loss of future earning blah, blah, blah.

Would almost be the perfect end to the saga.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And just to add insult to injury:

"Chubb has indicated it will seek legal costs for this latest action".

No gift keeps giving like this one. Thank-you James, thank-you ballboys.......

More on Hird ............

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...bills-of-close-to-660000-20160502-gokmmi.html

How many cases has he lost now. Is it 3?

3-logo-4_4f4c2739e771a.jpg

I love this bit of the article...
The judge said Hird refused during the civil trial against Chubb to provide the transcript of the April 16, 2013, interview and the details of the 'show cause' notices to the 34 Essendon players, saying it was subject to confidentiality orders in the Federal Court proceeding.

Justice Hargrave said no evidence of those confidentiality orders was provided to him and no explanation was given as to why the documents which could have helped Hird's case could not be tendered in the civil trial.

"Mr Hird's own evidence establishes only that he decided to commence his Federal Court application and appeal because he wanted 'to protect his reputation and position as coach of Essendon', to 'protect or advance his continued employment related to the AFL', and thus to protect his primary source of income at that time and in the future," Justice Hargrave said.

"In other words, Mr Hird's motive in commencing and maintaining his Federal Court application and appeal was his fear of damage to his reputation and economic interests arising from the show cause notices served by ASADA on the players and the events consequent on those notices."

So according to the judge in this case, St Jimmy was all about protecting himself and not protecting the players when he decided to go the AFL and ASADA over the joint investigation.

I love this bit of the article...

So according to the judge in this case, St Jimmy was all about protecting himself and not protecting the players when he decided to go the AFL and ASADA over the joint investigation.

Spot on Dram.

Another part made me chuckle - to paraphrase:

Hird would not / could not provide the transcript of his 1300 question interview with ASADA/AFL to the judge.

This meant there was no link between his legal defence and his subsequent legal action.

This was one of the main reasons Hird lost this case.

So the man who said "I just want the truth to come out" refused to let the truth come out (again!!) and it cost him $650k.

Just too ****ing funny for words!

Spot on Dram.

Another part made me chuckle - to paraphrase:

Hird would not / could not provide the transcript of his 1300 question interview with ASADA/AFL to the judge.

This meant there was no link between his legal defence and his subsequent legal action.

This was one of the main reasons Hird lost this case.

So the man who said "I just want the truth to come out" refused to let the truth come out (again!!) and it cost him $650k.

Just too ******* funny for words!
I liked this bit:

"During the civil trial in February, Mr Hird revealed a mystery benefactor had paid off a $750,000 debt he owed to the ASADA."

Seems that Hirdy had a Little benefactor and has once again managed to weasel his way out of paying for something. Wonder who's going to pick up this new tab?

I liked this bit:

"During the civil trial in February, Mr Hird revealed a mystery benefactor had paid off a $750,000 debt he owed to the ASADA."

Seems that Hirdy had a Little benefactor and has once again managed to weasel his way out of paying for something. Wonder who's going to pick up this new tab?

I once worked for a guy who was a crook.

Very cunning one though.

He would find ways to compromise his managers eg. Take married ones to brothels for some fun - then of course he had the power over them.

If they ever threatened to expose his crooked ways he threatened to tell the wife what that manager had been up to.

He got away with so much as a result it was ridiculous.

Needless to say I woke up to his ways and did not stay long - did not want to get caught up in his games.

Hird reminds me of this guy in that he seems to know where the skeletons are buried (and knowing his love of throwing people under buses) people are terrified what he might quietly tell Chip or others at a time that suits him.

I liked this bit:

Not sure why people immediately think it's Little footing the bill.

Could be his News Corp CO chum in Robert Tompson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back