Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's crap barely able to contend finals a #1 pick won't save them from cellar dwelling
They finished 15th last year...and I don't care what anyone says about the asada thing hanging over them(so to speak through) the year... they talked the talk that they were inspired by what they were going through.
They still had their list to choose from all last year. And since then they've lost more (Carlisle, Melksham, Fletcher to name a few) then they've gained (only Parish really, francis and hartley are still unknown if they will be first 22, i dont mind the look of the tippa bloke but he's looking ok in an ordinary team so who knows).
So i struggle to see how they will make finals. I keep reading they will be top 4 by there supporters. Yeah sure...in years to come but i dont see it turning around that quickly for them.
Very similar to the Richmond nonsense...

They finished 15th last year...and I don't care what anyone says about the asada thing hanging over them(so to speak through) the year... they talked the talk that they were inspired by what they were going through.
They still had their list to choose from all last year. And since then they've lost more (Carlisle, Melksham, Fletcher to name a few) then they've gained (only Parish really, francis and hartley are still unknown if they will be first 22, i dont mind the look of the tippa bloke but he's looking ok in an ordinary team so who knows).
So i struggle to see how they will make finals. I keep reading they will be top 4 by there supporters. Yeah sure...in years to come but i dont see it turning around that quickly for them.
Very similar to the Richmond nonsense...
I think their suspended players will struggle next year due to a year off of an afl field even if they are still fit the year off to that many players will hurt.

We also can't under estimate the damage the fines and legal bills will have on their football department.

As I said to a * fan at work. Don't worry mate your boys will be back to be very mediocre soon enough.

I actually believe that they will be spending many years to come placed 12-18 and they won't play finals for atleast 5 years,thats if they make plenty of the right moves and a bit of luck.

And I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

'10- now we have won 3 more games than them at the start of the year they had only won 2 more than us over that time frame. Their performance has been hidden well by fan delusion and media hype calling them brave when they are just shit

I don't think that the point being that they have suffered enough and are going to suffer more in the future has any relevance to the fact that their current penalty shouldn't reward them with a lower pick than they would have otherwise enjoyed.

Punishments and penalties are meant to punish and penalise not reward.

It's simple they cheated.

They can still have a first and second round draft pick - picks 18 and pick 36, will do them fine.

;)

I am most angry with the way the AFL handled this whole mess.
Stating categorically that the penalties were bring the game into disrepute (Governance).
Then working their butts off to sweep it all under the rug. Whilst saying 'there is nothing to see here'.
They have not been strong, their integrity is being held up for ridicule and the reputation of the whole game has suffered.
Many fans I have spoken too, not just CARLTON fans, have all expressed their dismay at the way the AFL has handled this mess.

EFC haven't resolved the big glaring issue with their list.

Excluding Daniher, they have no forwards. Even if they get all the players back, they still have no forwards.
Sure they might be better able to compete and keep opposition teams to lower scores, but they still wont be able to kick a winning score on a regular basis.

went over the 12 players, really only 3 that are genuine talents in Heppell, Hooker and Hurley. Myers was on his way but don't know if he will pick it up form where he left off.

i'm not sure Stanton and Hocking will come back and there are huge question marks over Jab as well.

Tom Bellchambers, 27 - couldn't get a game even after the ryder trade.
Travis Colyer, 25 - again struggled in 2015, nothing special.
Dyson Heppell, 25 - A Grader
Michael Hibberd, 27 - B Grader
Heath Hocking, 29 - nothing special, will he come back?
Cale Hooker, 28 - genuine key back
Ben Howlett, 28 - again, nothing special.
Michael Hurley, 27 - genuine kpp.
David Myers, 27 - started to show signs but not top shelf.
Brent Stanton, 31 - not sure if he will come back?
Tayte Pears, 27 - wasn't a regulaur in 2015.
Jobe Watson, 32 - not sure if he will come back. form had really dropped away without from his brownlow year (i wonder why...)

went over the 12 players, really only 3 that are genuine talents in Heppell, Hooker and Hurley. Myers was on his way but don't know if he will pick it up form where he left off.

i'm not sure Stanton and Hocking will come back and there are huge question marks over Jab as well.

Jobe Watson, 32 - not sure if he will come back. form had really dropped away without from his brownlow year (i wonder why...)

The problem was they got carried away with a couple of decent H surnames and just over did it.

Maybe there is a cockney version of Kenny Callander out there somewhere ....

Dyson 'Eppell .... Michael 'Ibberd .... Cale 'Ooker ... Ben 'Owlett .... Michael 'Urley .... aw **** .... 'Eath ****ing 'Ocking .... Ow's about that 'Arry, every ****ing drug cheat with a ****ing aitch in his name. You're 'aving a laugh, you bloody 'orses arse!

Thanks for this

Gee they're mostly old

Hiberd is pretty good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point is that they obfuscated, delayed, appealed in order to manage the other 22 players off their list and managed to get 3 years playing at their peak for the rest of them, meaning the rest of the AFL had to play against a bunch of doped up cheats.

They are beneath all contempt.

Essendon* have destroyed any chances of the AFL launching legitimate leagues overseas and being taken seriously as a sport.

Because of the reaction from the AFL in response to the doping scandal, our great sport is now just a laughing stock world wide. The failure by the AFL to punish the team for organising and operating a systematic doping regime using borderline and banned substances, along with substances that no one has ever correctly identified, means that even if the AFL can get an international league going, there is always going to be that shadow hanging over the head of the sport. What parent is going to allow their 17 year old child to be drafted into a sport where the sports major body silently condones and protects clubs that dope their players with god knows what.

The parents are going to be concerned about their kids getting into illicit drugs as a part of them being young and stupid and having lots of money... but having to worry about clubs potentially pushing their young kids into doping regimes that is not governed and which might even be ignored by the sporting body's administration.

Essendon* have destroyed any chances of the AFL launching legitimate leagues overseas and being taken seriously as a sport.

Because of the reaction from the AFL in response to the doping scandal, our great sport is now just a laughing stock world wide. The failure by the AFL to punish the team for organising and operating a systematic doping regime using borderline and banned substances, along with substances that no one has ever correctly identified, means that even if the AFL can get an international league going, there is always going to be that shadow hanging over the head of the sport. What parent is going to allow their 17 year old child to be drafted into a sport where the sports major body silently condones and protects clubs that dope their players with god knows what.

The parents are going to be concerned about their kids getting into illicit drugs as a part of them being young and stupid and having lots of money... but having to worry about clubs potentially pushing their young kids into doping regimes that is not governed and which might even be ignored by the sporting body's administration.
The Olympics seem to be fine

It was always about damage control.
* were tipped off by AD in the hope that whatever it was, it wasn't too serious and so if * had a head start on getting their story straight it would all go away quickly.

So much for damage control. AD should have let things take their natural course - investigators marching into EFC* headquarters unannounced with a warrant to seize records, conduct interviews, take statements, etc. - then punished the f*** out of * for systematic doping, NOT mismanagement. It was the only way for the AFL to limit the damage to the AFL brand, but they failed to recognize it at the time.

The Olympics seem to be fine
And every competitor at the Olympics has to pee in a cup at least once while they are there.

And anyone caught doping at the Olympics gets banned for at least 2 years!

What I am talking about is the damage done to the AFL through Essendon*'s blatant cheating. At a time when the AFL has been pushing for international recognition of our sport... we have them covering up and protecting Essendon* while letting the players hang.

The AFL is an international joke now (bigger than the whole Aussie Rules... what rules shit) and no one is going to take them seriously on an international level.

Olympics, cycling, soccer all have had huge scandals at the hands of the organisation running them and are all still widely respected codes

Why? No one thinks baseball is an international joke, and look at the Yankees
Yes... this is true... and the organisation that runs baseball doesn't just give lip service to doping investigations and wouldn't protect a team that had setup a systematic doping regime.
Olympics, cycling, soccer all have had huge scandals at the hands of the organisation running them and are all still widely respected codes
Umm... yeah the Olympics... how many different sports are played at an Olympic games? And what happens to individual sport teams at the Olympics if 2 or 3 members of the team fail their drugs tests? The team is banned.
Yes... world cycling has been beset by scandals since the USADA went after Armstrong... but in every case where there was a clear cut case against a cyclist for doping, they immediately prosecuted and execute the punishment against the rider.
Players in soccer who fail illicit drug tests or don't show for drug tests are immediately banned for 9-12 months. Players who test positive for banned PEDs are banned for 1-2 years.

FIFA is currently falling apart from corruption... not doping. Soccer is the largest sport in the world after golf... it is already an accepted world wide sport. The AFL is trying to get other countries interested in playing AFL by selling games there. What countries really are going to be interested in setting up professional leagues of aussie rules when the sporting body for the code has covered up systematic doping organised by an entire team.

Essendon got done for governance issues the first time around. Because Fat Vlad tipped off Dave Evans who got the shredder machines going in overdrive to destroy the evidence. As BIGGUS 64 said, if the AFL hadn't tipped them off and didn't run a fixed tribunal to protect the players, Aussie Rules would be a shining example of being a clean sport... even the three strikes and you're out rule is seen as a massive laugh overseas. People who see their favourite players end up getting banned for 9-12 months on a first offence for snorting a line of coke or two, look at our three strikes rule and laugh and wonder how the **** we can get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back