Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why are " getting the number 1 pick? They dhould have been banned for 3 years from the draft. We copped it hard and they are enjoying the benefits of druf cheating.

Bombay, Kalina, India

At the very least their position should be frozen at where they were when they had their full team available. So it is 15th instead of 18th, Pick 4 instead of Pick 1.

Fortunately there is no stand out number 1 so the reward is minimalised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marquee players selected for future *FC women's AFL team

329849-ye-shiwen-split.jpg

I heard on the radio last weekend that the majority of the 12 suspended players are about to head off to Europe for a holiday and will be flown there on Little Paul's private plane.

Wouldn't this type of benefit come under consideration of the salary cap?

I heard on the radio last weekend that the majority of the 12 suspended players are about to head off to Europe for a holiday and will be flown there on Little Paul's private plane.

Sounds about right.
And they'll be cheered like hero's when they play their first game next year.

I think that you'll find that their court case is soon. So they're having a bit of a holiday at the same time.

Did they offer for Crameri, Carlisle, Melksham, Ryder and Monfries to tag along?

If not, I am guessing this is just an Essendon related reward for sticking by them rather than any particular concerns for the players. I'd rather see them care about all 34 rather than just the ones who have stuck with them.

Having said that, Little is no longer at the club so can do what he wants.

Dons can’t be rewarded: Justin Quill

Someone making sense.
I can't understand people not getting this.............including the AFL. It's simply wrong, when you think about it.
It won't change of course, but it should be debated.
Totally agree. The whole idea of getting rewarded for their own incompetence, at best, cheating at worst, is inconceivable.

It's akin to sentencing someone to jail for 10 years, and then paying them a million bucks when they get out as they haven't been able to earn a wage while locked up! :drunk:

* team in 2017 is getting "topped up" with 12 players - they will receive the #1 pick for a contrived 2016 team.

I don't know what's so hard to understand.

I still can't figure out how this is any different to us getting three consecutive no 1 picks etc after the salary cap debacle. Would someone care to enlighten me?

We got that pick in 2005-2007

Our punishment was 2002-2003

Essendon are getting rewarded in a punishment year.

HD2s0W.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back