Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Weighing Up Free Agency Move To WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

What exactly does that gif signify, I'm a bit lost with that one.
Nothing really. Just a little levity to take a little heat off all the angst over Jack Graham's impending departure or re-signing.

And for any Marx brothers fans.

I'm neither here nor there about Graham staying or going.

But if we're going to invest heavily in this years draft and most probably next years as well; then surely the club will need bigger bodied, experienced players to nurture the youngsters through their first 60, 80, 100 games. It's going to take 4 - 6 years.

The club had much worse players than Graham playing a role whilst Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Reiwoldt, etc, were cutting their teeth in the game. We can't throw everyone out.
Can't have him on good coin for 4 years tho :mad: at least 2 new recruits will be younger/better/fresher/less bodydecline/faster/longer kicks and then there's hopper, ross, kmac2, tresize. ahead of him.....

never been a big rap for mansell either but he has jack covered on last years form and his best may be still to come.

anyone with JACK Graham in there best 22 come R1 with little or no injury is kidding themselves. the jack graham of old role is now obsolete even more diabolical would be those expecting him to recapture the half dozen to 20odd excellent games/roles he performed when our backline was supreme and dusty and cotch were elite mids.

major issues with the blokes shoulders, hammy tendons, groin, calfs, quads and feet and toes have shortened his career. if he gets to 200 games with anyone it will be a minor miracle.

He’s the guy that was instrumental in 2017 and got us into the 2019 GF. I would suggest that’s not the case at all. He was part of giving us our best days as supporters in 37 years.
fair call but grigg, marlion, astbury, houli, basha, caddy, JR8 etc etc were also (if not more) and knew when it was going to be a struggle to be trying to haggle for a better deal/best22/body breaking down so bowed out gracefully. grimes went on 1 year too many. if JGTI wants to stay RFC should offer him a one year deal and say take it or leave it.

Stop talking shit baldy
Lol, yeah, he played no role in those seasons. This is fantastic. There’s so much exposure going on here.

fair call but grigg, marlion, astbury, houli, basha, caddy, JR8 etc etc were also (if not more) and knew when it was going to be a struggle to be trying to haggle for a better deal/best22/body breaking down so bowed out gracefully. grimes went on 1 year too many. if JGTI wants to stay RFC should offer him a one year deal and say take it or leave it.
Took out Sloane and kicked pivotal goals in the 2017 GF and we don’t make the 2019 GF without him.

You’re a joke as I have provided truth. What lies have I stated as you’ve changed like a chameleon on this.? You’re embarrassing yourself as usual. Here’s the answer to your garbage for the third time Mr Captain Feathersword17.

You make it more than easy for me to see through you crap as you’re a simple thinker. There’s no depth in you as you are a bsa and troll. What mate with a story are you going to call to rescue you from total humiliation? You’re below Primary School level on clear thinking and comprehension .

This is your original post :

“Again, incorrect. The club screwed up on this one. We told him to explore his options earlier in the season. Then the Rioli, Baker, Bolton stuff happened. The we panicked. Graham isn’t at fault here and certainly isn’t the mercenary you are suggesting.”

edit. I’ll SIMPLIFY IT FOR YOU

If he's not looking for greener pastures and more money then why hasn't he signed? Surely if the RFC had ditched him as you said wouldn't he have fxxked off by now by being told to go? lol it's all nonsense and a figment of your imagination.

I have already humiliated you enough in these threads. I haven’t changed a thing. In fact i have even requoted myself. You’re the one trying to change what you said.
The podcast has given him a licence to do so. lol 😝 Thinks he can get away with talking shit bc some posters give his grey brain cells oxygen .
Point on the tigercast dolly where it hurt you.

Houli wanted to play another year I recall, but the club said no.
I agree with what a lot have said in that 4 years if JGTI stays is too long.
Given a fit list, if he plays he's taking a young kids spot and I can't see him being in front of a lot of these kids by the end of next year, even earlier.
I hope there are other reasons for the delay in him making the call to go to WC that we aren't clear on.
If he goes I hope we get the 20s pick not in the 40s as I think the CFL will have rorted us again, but best to just make the call and move on from him now before he totally fades out of the side.

Nothing really. Just a little levity to take a little heat off all the angst over Jack Graham's impending departure or re-signing.

And for any Marx brothers fans.
Fair enough.
Just wondered if you were implying he was a powder puff, not something I would have thought we could label JGTI as, quite the opposite.
Short on the other hand I would have agreed with. 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took out Sloane and kicked pivotal goals in the 2017 GF and we don’t make the 2019 GF without him.
Nick Duigan also kicked 4 goals on brett delidio once in a final by being in the right place at the right time and the recipient of some unselfish team mates finding him. average players can have THAT game, Jack was brave in the 19 pelim but still had little impact apart from a rotation advantage.
(Do you realise jacks shoulder came out coz he poorly tacked/grabbed tom atkins who brushed him aside) brave but stupid..."shit tackle" i screamed out at the time.
players do similar most finals (lappin (ribs), stevieJ (4g with a torn medial) dermie, stynes, anthony stevens (ruptured ankle ligs) lochie neale even even hipwood singled out for bravery...blah blah.....you have over done the mayo with Jack there mate.

No doubt we should look to get the picks for Graham at this stage. However, his 2017 grand final performance was excellent and seems to be discounted by some in this thread.
His first goal was a great finish on the run from 40 out. Second goal he wins the one on one against Sloane and earns himself a free kick. Third goal is just inside 50 with a set shot that was not easy.
As touched on, his defensive role on Sloane who was an elite midfielder at the time was also brilliant.

He will sign and remain at Richmond

RFC last ditch bid to keep Jack Graham (That Is)
RFC have offered him the captaincy if he stays at Richmond and we have increased his deal to 5 years $750k

I cant wait for the melts on this board for when its announced he is staying

But at the same time i cant wait for the melts on the eagles board when announced he is joining them

I just cant wait its going to be a laugh either way
it is going to be one hell of a week.
can't wait really.
We need to set ourselves up for the future... let's do this tiges.. 💪

believe your correct
tomorrow arvo

Key Dates​

Friday, Oct. 4: Free agency period begins (9am)
Monday, Oct. 7: Trade period begins (9am)
Friday, Oct. 11: Free agency period closes (5pm)
Wednesday, Oct. 16: Trade period closes (7:30pm)
Wednesday, Nov. 20: National Draft - Round 1
Thursday, Nov. 21: National Draft - Round 2 until completion

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Weighing Up Free Agency Move To WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back