Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Still awaiting an genuine review of Woods game, unfortunately I had to miss it, would be appreciated.

He kicked 3, but his man, Mcdonald kicked 2. That sort of sums up his game IMO.

He looked great offensively but either couldn't, or didn't know how to stop his man (that i don't think has kicked many goals before) from almost undoing all his good work.

Black is a much better bet on Saturday night. But is Wood a better bet than Adams, Jacobs, Mullett etc.

That is another question.

He kicked 3, but his man, Mcdonald kicked 2. That sort of sums up his game IMO.

He looked great offensively but either couldn't, or didn't know how to stop his man (that i don't think has kicked many goals before) from almost undoing all his good work.

Black is a much better bet on Saturday night. But is Wood a better bet than Adams, Jacobs, Mullett etc.

That is another question.

Ok. Whose main was McDonald?

I've seen some claim Black, some claim Wood. Anyone watch the matchup closely?

What 'stupid decision'? I'm sure you'd know the full reasons for why the selectioin committee didn't select him - perhaps you could enlighten me

He had done enough in the magoos about four times to justify selection in the senior team IMHO

Black will play.

Wood will not.

I liked his debut. I thought he did some good things and his hands overhead looked clean. BUT, like others have already stated, there were times out there where he looked completely lost as to were to run and what he needed to be doing. Several times i saw other players pointing and yelling at him as to were to run. Should he have been in the team earlier to learn the running patterns and defensive structures? Maybe! Maybe not! Perhaps the match committee just know more about his game than we do :)

Have no doubt he will be a decent player for us starting next year though. And if we win on Saturday but cop an injury then at least he has had a little taste of it.

By the way we can forget about the theory that Black has been severely hampered by some mysterious shoulder injury. If he was, you'd think he wouldn't have played against Melbourne.

If Wood debuted earlier in the season and was allowed to have a run at it I have no doubt he would be joining Turner and Brown in the seniors for the finals, but because we left it so late I don't think we will be pulling the trigger.
Good point. But another avenue to goal at the G can't hurt, can it? I reckon we could fit both in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely Wood's man as far as i could see (though i only saw it via the replay drunk and stoned out of my mind at 3.30am)
Wood was maning someone else on the 1st goal and Black was late to get to McDonald.

Wood may have been covering someone else man and no one covered his.

The second he was goal side and the ball went over him from the opposite pocket.

Wood should of been playing all year. He did enough against Geelong to be playing round 1.

As impressive as he was on the weekend he won't play this week.

One of his goals was from a down field free from a Dawes meltdown. He had to kick the goal but it was a freebie.

Both will play together next year.

Perhaps the match committee just know more about his game than we do :)

Have no doubt he will be a decent player for us starting next year though. And if we win on Saturday but cop an injury then at least he has had a little taste of it.

No way man...
crowdsourcing-cartoon1-300x216.jpg

Match Committee v BF Collective Wisdom

Still awaiting an genuine review of Woods game, unfortunately I had to miss it, would be appreciated.

Showed a bit in a nothing game where others were going at half cat power.

it is pretty hard to tell to be really honest.

Sunrise the smith show, post: 34847974, member: 48293"]Wood was maning someone else on the 1st goal and Black was late to get to McDonald.

Wood may have been covering someone else man and no one covered his.

The second he was goal side and the ball went over him from the opposite pocket.[/QUOTE]

Suprised his hasn't been mentioned earlier. Black know clearly had McDonald on the first match up as the opponents switched. Having said that, risky putting him in but think he could do a good job if he does.

don't see as much live as most of you, but given the injury to grima, could black play as a tall defender, has he got that in him? particularly the way his kicking has been of late, alah john longmire

Very hard to get a goal when up the ground so often, ever thought it is part of team strategy that we don't know about, his score assist this season has been impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, tied for 19th in the AFL for goal assists. Behind only LT and Boomer from North.
I don't think we can have both in the team, and Black is far more settled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back