Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

I started a thread last year saying Black was a future player and was hammered by the usual gentle north folk about "hating" Tarrant and Hansen.

Anyway, yep, he is a beauty quite obviously and justifies why the club persevered - well done :thumbsu:

The kid is abit of a freak, could be anything really..... only knock on him is the range of his kick seems to be limited.... although im not sure if that just my view....

Pretty sure he's contracted to 2014, definitely want to extend that. His agility and movement in traffic is what makes him so dangerous, not to mention the great set shot and X-Factor. Can't wait to see how good he becomes with 100 games under his belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you consider half his time at the club has been hampered by OP, and he really only took up the sport relatively late compared to most top prospects, what he could be after 40-50 games is scary.

A genuine elite, superstar type prospect. We haven't had one of those up forward since Duck.

Jet. Could be anything. Would like to point out that in the poll before the season on which young player would make the biggest impression this year, I went for Black.:p

A touch of Passenger 57 about this.
Always bet on Black.

Jet. Could be anything. Would like to point out that in the poll before the season on which young player would make the biggest impression this year, I went for Black.:p

I went for Mullet :p

How good does black move for a big guy.
He has footy smarts that will make himeven more impressive when he gets another seasons under his belt.

If we lost a player like Black i'd be complelty shocked. Been wanting for over a decade (since wells) to unearth a genuine star.
To loose him would be an injustice to all us success starved supporters

Both of those games played numbers are promising. Tarrant in particular hasn't really missed a beat coming back in off a limited run. Black could be off the charts, really an open book.

A genuine elite, superstar type prospect. We haven't had one of those up forward since Duck.

Yeah agreed, could give us the star factor the club has been looking for / needed. Love the fact he isn't just a kick it to me forward, he will go out and get it.

Yes 14 games down, but need to extend that contract beyond 2014 ASAP (and given we seem to be contract happy at the moment-I'm sure the club is all over it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back