Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

If Black is injured, **** him off and get him right. If he needs surgery, knock the season on the head and get it done. The way he is playing a witches hat could cover for him, so its not like he is an out and out required player atm.

Im sick of the sight of him spudding it up every ****ing week while we have a ready made replacement in Wood.

playing with a subluxed shoulder. Medicos wanted to send him in for surgery in round 5 the club (Brad Scott) opted\not to have surgery because of our already extensive injury list. You can tell he has no confidence in his body, afraid of any physical stuff.

Speculation, or know this as fact?

I find that hard to believe. If it is true it's an incredibly dumb decision.

You just need to watch him after a contest to see the shoulder is bothering him.

The biggest concern is his set shot routine. How the hell can someone go from having a text book routine to that bizarre half sideways stuttering josh Kennedy wannabe crap. Who ever is in charge of the forwards down there needs to explain wtf is going on with that.

You just need to watch him after a contest to see the shoulder is bothering him.

The biggest concern is his set shot routine. How the hell can someone go from having a text book routine to that bizarre half sideways stuttering josh Kennedy wannabe crap. Who ever is in charge of the forwards down there needs to explain wtf is going on with that.

Nail. Head. Etc.

Whoever thought it a good idea for Black (whether he himself, or coaches - either way ffs fix it) to throw out a perfectly good routine to become goal kicking amateur hour needs a massive rocket.

Nail. Head. Etc.

Whoever thought it a good idea for Black (whether he himself, or coaches - either way ffs fix it) to throw out a perfectly good routine to become goal kicking amateur hour needs a massive rocket.

Even if it was Black who come up with it, surely one of the coaches would have pulled him aside and put a stop to it early on.

We have had Wood waiting for some time now, very similar players and looked good in pre-season.

If Black is injured, I honestly don't get it. He is doing nothing anyway, why play him ffs.

We have had Wood waiting for some time now, very similar players and looked good in pre-season.

If Black is injured, I honestly don't get it. He is doing nothing anyway, why play him ffs.
it was reported that wood was injured at one stage when he was vying for selection, cant say i know the details or severity at the time though.

it was reported that wood was injured at one stage when he was vying for selection, cant say i know the details or severity at the time though.

I think you are right, got injured at the wrong time.

Still no excuse to be playing guys injured, when we have options despite our extensive injury list.

In a similar vein why Zeibell was made sub is just bizarre - he is either fit to play (hence he starts) or he isn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speculation, or know this as fact?

I find that hard to believe. If it is true it's an incredibly dumb decision.

Know it as fact mate. It's no surprise that he is still playing we have delayed a lot of surgeries over the years….Hell this year we have delayed surgery to Black, Delaney and Tarrant and thats just off the top of my head.

Blacks shoulder is so lose and painful that he is very hesitant to even tackle. You can't blame him for being hesitant as a subluxation is quite painful.

Know it as fact mate. It's no surprise that he is still playing we have delayed a lot of surgeries over the years….Hell this year we have delayed surgery to Black, Delaney and Tarrant and thats just off the top of my head.

Blacks shoulder is so lose and painful that he is very hesitant to even tackle. You can't blame him for being hesitant as a subluxation is quite painful.

If this is true, and I have little reason to doubt it as you've been on the money in the past, it is absolutely ****ed.

1302627_dia-do-orgulho-lgbt.gif

some can play with the pain and it only hampers them slightly. Others can't Black should have been sent in 8 weeks ago.

Yep.

It's clear that he plays his best when he can be aggressive at the contest.

Get him out, NOW!!!

Ok, thanks mate.

IMHO it is absolutely shithouse player management. We have options for his position, and have been ignored. I'd rather a fit VFL player over an unfit AFL player anyway - we have made this mistake too often in recent years.

There are significant issues there, injury is definitely contributing to it, however I think there is more to it, however my guess is as good as any. I'm a big fan of Black, and I really hope he puts this slump behind him, and I think he will. But he is a liability, and playing as a liability is not benefiting him or the team. So he should go to VFL, or not play at all, until it is sorted.

This is the first I've heard of injury. If it's true, then I'm absolutely disgusted we've persisted with playing him for so long. On the flipside, I'm not sure how common something like this is in AFL, I'm sure players play with injuries all the time (Dane Swan a good example this year), but usually those cases are either the fact that:
a. They can still play their role reasonably well and the injury only hinders them minimally, or
b. They are so important to the team, that they play through the pain (particularly if it's a team challenging for the flag)
With Wood as a ready made replacement, Black fulfills none of this criteria. Get him out of the side ffs!

Brad mentioned the shoulder injury 2-3 weeks ago, question is why wasn't it ever mentioned before that?

I guess we don't exactly have a media format for it... doesn't really fit into the kind of articles clubs generally post, but then when it comes out it leaves fans going what the absolute **** is going on down there?

The question I have is who is the one that reckons his shoulder is good enough to play?

I believe we have a pretty solid medical staff that wouldn't want a player playing under duress, but Brad has always said he'd never play a player if one of the doctors told him he couldn't (inb4 Brad is a liar so why believe what he says).

It's obvious the injury is worsening too, week by week his reaction after attempting to do... well anything... is becoming more pained and the sudden emergence of support tape. Get him off the bloody team before he wrecks the shoulder and ends up having 54 recos like Tarrant has had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back