Player Watch #35: Charlie Lazzaro - contract extension until end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Was told today that he wouldn’t be offered another contract.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shame for him as he clearly has worked extremely hard and is an ultimate professional. Just lacking some of the physical tools to be an AFL level mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely a bit gutted about this one. Worked hard and seemed like a lovely guy. Maybe Lazz will be the first player I go full Nuffie on and message my condolences to.
I am too :(

Loved Lazz and you could never question his work ethic. Got everything out of himself and I truly think we’ll miss his speed around the ground.

In addition an absolute top bloke and the club would do well to offer him a VFL contract in regards to setting standards if he has no lifelines thrown his way at AFL level (which would not be out of the question).

Thanks for everything Lazz.

Charlie had his moments and showed some real toe and spread which is not exactly in abundance at our Club.

He's probably unlucky because there are a handful of contracted players who you could argue offer less than him.

Unfortunately not up to it. You can’t just keep blokes on the list for their pre-season work ethic. A good VFL player, not AFL. I’d be surprised if he gets picked up elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Genuinely a good human. Always professional and he gave it a red hot crack. Considering the time we gave to the likes of Garner, Turner ect I was hoping that Lazz would get another year.

Hope he goes to the VFL and gets another crack at it elsewhere. Also wouldn’t be disappointed he is continued to train with us in the hope of getting a SPP spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #35: Charlie Lazzaro - contract extension until end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back