AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Re-signs on a 2 year deal! Teenage girl fans rejoyce - 30/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game tonight. Cracked in well. Who does what he does in D50, even if it it's just a scramble out. We are screaming for blokes like this then sacrifice them , stay fat

As ant555 has said, we desperately need a team man. Was brilliant to see someone sacrificing for the betterment of the team tonight

Ah man I'm so torn. If there's a ball in the middle, an opposition player on one end and Guelfi at the other, I absolutely love him because he will run straight through no hesitation and win that ball. He will then however kick it straight to the opposition. Seriously watching his kicks today it was almost like they were homing missiles straight to Melbourne players and he has no composure whatsoever with the ball in hand in the backline.

I still believe in Guelfi for the long term but he might need a stint in VFL to find some form.

Top 3 for intercept marks for us tonight, McGrath had 8, Guelfi and Merrett 7 each. Dunno what exactly happened with Clarke, Clarke seemed totally unaware of where he was or what he was meant to be doing to me. Perhaps that would have been intercept mark no. 8.

Huh? Am I missreading this post? Guelfi took 2 marks the whole game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then someone mislabelled his stat sheet.View attachment 648932

I mean surely if you watched the game, and saw those stats you would've been like "huh? that's clearly not right".

(For the record he has 2 intercept marks this year)

If they insist on keeping him in the side for his toughness/intangibles, he really needs to reduce his clanger count.

Last edited:
Lose:
Has a crack, but has nowhere near the skills of an afl footballer

Win:
Yeah his kicking isn’t great, but you can’t deny how hard he goes at it. Keep him in.

Always interesting to see how the priorities change. I’m a fan, ftr.

I mean surely if you watched the game, and saw those stats you would've been like "huh? that's clearly not right".

(For the record he has 2 intercept marks this year)

If they insist on keeping him in the side for his toughness/intangibles, he really needs to reduce his clanger count.
Yes I watched the game but I also have the fun job of keeping the game day thread in check so excuse me if I haven’t watched the replay yet.

I notice that the intercept possession stat and the intercept mark stat are 1 for 1 over the entire playing list of both teams so it could be that champion data have confused or conflated the two.

Lol clanger count. Are we holding everyone up to that standard?

I thought he was well off the pace in the 1st half but was fantastic in the 2nd half.

Not that we play a tagger or run with player, but I see that as something he could excel at. May be that will be the next evolution of the Guelf

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Re-signs on a 2 year deal! Teenage girl fans rejoyce - 30/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back