Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Is Harding the new Arnold Briedis?

• Yes, he is the new Briedis

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, he's not the new Arnie

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • His goalkicking reminds me of the great Arnie Briedis

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • He is ruggedly handsome like Arnie!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Ausgard
Why turtle ?

* He suffers from Shell-Shock ? (sorry - that was poor)

* He can really Shell it out ? (and speaking of poor ...)

Originally posted by Carlos
Gee Ausgard, you really stuck your neck out with those last two

Sorry. :(
Gentlemen,
Never apologise for quality like this!
Magnificent stuff!

Originally posted by Gasometer
Disregarding his kicking on the weekend, how great is it to have Harding coming along!

A more mobile version than 'The Fridge'. Perhaps he should be called 'Mini Bar Fridge'?

Indeed, more to come from 'MBF'.

Gasometer

Ha good stuff, it's not just me then...
I've been calling out 'Mini-Fridge' whenever he touched the ball for weeks now! :cool:

-

Originally posted by Briedis

Well they did call him Fruity!

This debate has come up before, I heard it was from being called Fruit-Bat from a couple of team mates back when.

I also heard it was because he looked like he had a banana up his rear when running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Gasometer
I once heard BAlison recall he was called fruity after a fruit bat...because he darted around everywhere like a bat...but the fruit bats at the B Gardens sit there and eat. From recollection it came from W. 'Anakin' Carey.

Anyone else heard of this story?

Gasometer

Same story I heard, but I don't think he got it from Anakin. I'll find out for you though.

Oh, and the avatar, you can download them from www.redhotchilipeppers.com :)

Originally posted by Malibu

Same story I heard, but I don't think he got it from Anakin. I'll find out for you though.

Oh, and the avatar, you can download them from www.redhotchilipeppers.com :)
Heard the new single yet Mal? Interesting. All over the shop. Starts really moody, goes all pop and sways back and forth. Like a mix between the "hits" off the last album and something completely different for them. Dunno what to make of it!

By the way, who is the imposter running a mock on the main AFL board under the name of Malibu#27? Is it your Adam Lange devoted evil twin? Hope not, coz they're an absolute mongy!

If you were lucky(?) enough to hear the Foxtel coverage of the game you would think Milne was Gary Ablett. Little mention of his knee-goal etc but that's not what this post is about.

He is obviously a very dangerous small forward but what I found curious was KB's fuss over him compared to Leigh Harding (in fairness he did acknowledge Harding's talent).

Now more to the point, I just thought it's worth noting:

Leigh Harding Stephen Milne
Poss: 14 10
Marks: 4 3
Tackles: 2 0
Goals: 4.2 4.0
Height: 180cm 175cm

This is not to rubbish Milne but to state the obvious - we've got a live one here.

Originally posted by King Corey
we've got a live one here.

We do have a live wire in Harding.. but he has to develop alot more if we want that live wire to really come out in him..

And we have magic in Jnr (hope he comes in for Grant this week)

Go Roos

I'm a fan. :cool:

This day was coming. He might of had the off day (kicking wise) against Melbourne, but he's quick, reads the play well and most importantly, is a true goal kicker.

Hopefully Turtle continues to develop and is part of the next premiership group.

At the moment, it would be hard to argue that Harding is the better player, as Milne has played twice as many games, and had more of an impact. However, give Leigh a couple more years and he will be well and truly in the 'Brett Allison mould'.

the most disapointing thing that has come out of this weekends game is that it was not given as much talk as some of the bigger games, essendon v doggies, adelaide v collingwood, and the brisbane v melbourne game. and as it was not on free to air many of our own supporters have not seen the game let alone highlights.

once again this emergance of youngsters dosnt matter if it was thier first game this yr, or continual improvement of other young guys, once again it has been glossed over, and the main highlight people have seen is milnes goal, not the emergance of petrie as a damn good find.

and this makes me farken:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Back