3AW naming St Kilda over a alleged assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by ruth
I certainly can understand as a woman why she would not go to the police.

Its humiliating and degrading to be r*ped,but to have a football club slur your name in the media as happened with the Milne/Montagne affair would be worse.

Where were the womens names slurred by St.Kilda in the M&M Case.

Their names were never mentioned.

If this actually happened and it involves the Saints, the [player would have to be the greatest fwit ever to have graced the planet.

Got this off a Pie site, does not sound too good.

I WAS AT THE PUB A FEW WEEKENDS AGO AND SERIOUSLY HAVE NOT SEEN A MORE IMMATURE, BIG HEADED, BUNCH OF LOATS IN MY LIFE.

They were absolutely off there dials....and were hitting on anything that moved.....it it wasn't moving they pushed it!!!

Did not do themselves any favours in the PR stakes....a disgrace!

She didn't ring 3AW.I would say she is still too distraut.maybe her friends are so incensed that it has happened to their friend and they feel helpless about it and rang instead.

Originally posted by morgoth
Got this off a Pie site, does not sound too good.

I WAS AT THE PUB A FEW WEEKENDS AGO AND SERIOUSLY HAVE NOT SEEN A MORE IMMATURE, BIG HEADED, BUNCH OF LOATS IN MY LIFE.

They were absolutely off there dials....and were hitting on anything that moved.....it it wasn't moving they pushed it!!!

Did not do themselves any favours in the PR stakes....a disgrace!

So you equate blokes getting drunk to attempted sexual assualt?

Would be interesting for you to put the link to this quote morgoth so we can see

a) what it is about, and
b) who they are talking about.

......but to have a football club slur your name in the media as happened with the Milne/Montagne affair would be worse.
I understand the M & M topic embraces a lot of issues & I'm not wishing to pass judgement on what happened, however the women involved in that 'affair' still remain anonymous. It is M & M who've had their names slurred forever.

Agree Joffa but what it does do is say they were putting themselves into a position where something like this can happen.

This was posted in the context of the storyin this thread and the posted just mentioned they were not behaving well.

The only way to stay out of trouble is not put yourself in a postion where you can get into it.

Agree Joffa but what it does do is say they were putting themselves into a position where something like this can happen.

This was posted in the context of the storyin this thread and the posted just mentioned they were not behaving well.

The only way to stay out of trouble is not put yourself in a postion where you can get into it.

Link????

I am not linking it, believe it or not, I don't really care. I do not play games with topics like this.

The AFL are the one's to blame here. They have been covering up or turning a blind eye on these type of incidents for years. It's time they showed some leadership in this area and made it known to all concerned that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated.

this from Nicks Pies board.......

"A few weeks ago, my brother and some mates were staying in Blairgowrie, they went off to the Sorrento hotel that night which was full of St Kilda players. He told me that they were all having a great old time down there....one drank waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy to much and was carried out of the place, but he didn't do anything stupid, was just drunk (I won't reveal the name either). He also told me all the players were just enjoying themselves AND behaving. The whole team was there including Coaching staff.

He told me all about this weekend when it all happened. My brother and his mates are Collingwood supporters so i can't see him making up the good behaviour."

I am not linking it, believe it or not, I don't really care. I do not play games with topics like this.
Oh yeah????
The discrediting of the story. Just like last time.
It's very easy to think you revel in it, just like another poster who'se name doesn't deserve mentioning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surrey

I have a feeling they will step in if his progresses any further. One way to get the message across is to make an example of some one. If an offical complaint is lodged the player should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and have the commission decide whether to de-register them.

Harsh and has its own problems but time to draw a line in the sand.

Marcuz had the balls to provide a link so I could put it in some context, it wasn't about whether I believed you or not, it was about context.

How long ago did this happen? Fair dinkum are AFL players ******s to keep carrying on like this?

AFL players/men.

This sort of behaviour isn't limited to AFL players, and most likely isn't more prevalent than in non-AFL players. Are footy players more likely to push the issue over the line because of their 'celebrity'? Maybe. But are AFL players more susceptible to false allegations or overreactions?

Hey Morgoth

Also Got this from a collingwood site.........
a few weeks ago, my brother and some mates were staying in Blairgowrie, they went off to the Sorrento hotel that night which was full of St Kilda players. He told me that they were all having a great old time down there....one drank waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy to much and was carried out of the place, but he didn't do anything stupid, was just drunk (I won't reveal the name either). He also told me all the players were just enjoying themselves AND behaving. The whole team was there including Coaching staff.

He told me all about this weekend when it all happened. My brother and his mates are Collingwood supporters so i can't see him making up the good behaviour ...
Was on the weekend of the 19th June.....in fact, that day.

I just spoke to my brother about this, he said it's all BS, the players were well behaved (even if a little p155ed).

It seems that perhaps, with all the innuendo on other clubs and the previous allegations on St K, that someone could be jumping on the bandwagon. I'm not saying that's a fact, but you can't discount it either.

Lets just say guys, this was your sister,and yes it did happen. Would you encourage her to go to the police.What would you guys do.Apparently their are independent witnesses to the incident.maybe it is just true.

I think we need to stop making out that all women deserve what they get, that all footballers are saints ( lol), that all women are out to get footballers.
If it did occur as her friends are saying, its just plain wrong that get away with it.That she is so scared, is something I can relate to.It would be horrifying for her.I hope she is ok.

It happened at the Sorrento pub two weeks ago. Mitchell rang the Sorrento pub to confirm that the players were there. Five players took her into the toilets, and asked her for oral sex, she refused and walked out.

Lets just say guys, this was your sister,and yes it did happen. Would you encourage her to go to the police.What would you guys do.Apparently their are independent witnesses to the incident.maybe it is just true.

I think we need to stop making out that all women deserve what they get, that all footballers are saints ( lol), that all women are out to get footballers.
If it did occur as her friends are saying, its just plain wrong that get away with it.That she is so scared, is something I can relate to.It would be horrifying for her.I hope she is ok.

Hi Ruth,

Who are the "we" that are saying women deserve what they get and that footballers are beyond reproach? So far this thread is simply someone bring a news report to the attention of the readers of this message board, a few people commenting on it and a couple of people making very bad jokes.

And as far a I am concerned if it was my sister and she was so worried about scrutiny that she wouldn't go to the police, I doubt I would go and ring a radio station sbout it.

Regards

S. Pete

Remove this Banner Ad

3AW naming St Kilda over a alleged assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Back