3AW naming St Kilda over a alleged assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by SurreyBlue
The AFL are the one's to blame here. They have been covering up or turning a blind eye on these type of incidents for years. It's time they showed some leadership in this area and made it known to all concerned that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated.

Where did you come up with that from?

AFL has taken the lead. Some clubs and players is where the problem is and where the accountability lies.

They are footballers and citizens, actions off field are the players responsibility and will see them subject to the full force of the law - not the clubs and afl.

Cheers

Originally posted by Adrian1
How are the AFL to blame for any incident that happens with individuals outside of the AFL environment.

Is your employer responsible for your actions outside of the workplace ???

These are private legal matters between two groups of people. The fact that one of the individuals is employed by the AFL is totally and absolutley irrelevant.

It is society at large that needs to send a message that this behaviour (if true) is not to be tolerated

By turning a blind eye. The AFL administration and Club adminstrators have always known what's been going on. Measures needed to be put into place years ago, but there more concerned about "on field racial taunts, etc".

"Drugs" is another issue that is continuously swept under the carpet. Do you remember the ex-player from Sydney statement being torched down by the AFL as rubbish?

Please ignore the facts if you like, but the blame should be squarely put on the party in charge.

Originally posted by Mark Viduka
Would you be so kind as to post to me exactly what I have said in this thread that should earn me a permanent ban?

"Absolutely hilarious trying to see St Kilda supporters trying to reverse the blame.... bury your head in the sand and pretend nothing is happening and try to discredit anyone who says otherwise about your precious little team. Sad."

What about this post of yours...Sad

Originally posted by understudy
Where did you come up with that from?

AFL has taken the lead. Some clubs and players is where the problem is and where the accountability lies.

They are footballers and citizens, actions off field are the players responsibility and will see them subject to the full force of the law - not the clubs and afl.

Cheers

How has the AFL taken leadership with this issue?
Have they actually fined, suspended or punished a member of the AFL community? They have continuously come out and announced investigations with no outcome.

Yes, I forget, they put women on their management group.:rolleyes: Nice deflection down fine leg.
Like it or not, it all starts at the top.

I dont think St Kilda will go down the right track on this development. I doubt the woman will come forward and the league cant do anything and i doubt St Kildas going to kill off some of their own player. They havent got the balls to. Bad culture, dumb players and weak administrators.

To all the St Kilda supporters, 2 sexual assault claims says something about your playing group. Who cares if its only been 'alledged'. Face the facts. Your playing group is immature and doesnt respect the opposite sex. No wonder the players get suspended frequently. They are thugs....

Well its true. You are all getting your backs up and defending the undefendable. How many more times are St Kilda going to be done for this sort of behaviour before you acknowledge your club has a problem?

To my knowledge it hasn't been "done" at all.
What is the reason for your obsessive behaviour re St. Kilda?

Originally posted by chemical
I dont think St Kilda will go down the right track on this development. I doubt the woman will come forward and the league cant do anything and i doubt St Kildas going to kill off some of their own player. They havent got the balls to. Bad culture, dumb players and weak administrators.

To all the St Kilda supporters, 2 sexual assault claims says something about your playing group. Who cares if its only been 'alledged'. Face the facts. Your playing group is immature and doesnt respect the opposite sex. No wonder the players get suspended frequently. They are thugs....

or maybe they are easy targets seeing as
A they were in the area
B they are young
C they have been accused before

please note i am in no way saying it didn't happen just trying to "not believe everything in the media"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How has the AFL taken leadership with this issue?
Have they actually fined, suspended or punished a member of the AFL community? They have continuously come out and announced investigations with no outcome.

Yes, I forget, they put women on their management group.:rolleyes: Nice deflection down fine leg.
Like it or not, it all starts at the top.

There is a little bit in what you are saying. At the end of the day though the clubs and players have to be accountable. Clubs are the ones covering things up, players are the ones commiting the acts.

AFL as far as I can tell has tried to change the culture but at the end of the day they are only accountable and responsible for the players on field behaviour.

So you are saying the person who rang the radio this morning to make the accussation was lying? Thats not the media making up the accussation.

well i said anything in the media
that person was in the media

on a side note if your friend doesn't go to the police because they dont want a media beatup would you go to ABC???

Originally posted by rosejam
well i said anything in the media
that person was in the media

on a side note if your friend doesn't go to the police because they dont want a media beatup would you go to ABC???

No they went to3AW Talk Crap radio

Lets face it, if you were sexually assaulted by any form of professional sportsman, would you go through the grief of reporting it to police? It would take a lot of guts given the way things have gone this year.

Why put yourself through it when you know there is sweet FA chance of a conviction.

With nowhere to turn and feeling very angry about the situation at least if your good friends rang a radio station to bring it to their attention, some good might come of it without all the aggravation of being dragged through the courts and branded a ****/whore etc.

No winners in this scenario unfortunately.

Originally posted by dunno4
Lets face it, if you were sexually assaulted by any form of professional sportsman, would you go through the grief of reporting it to police? It would take a lot of guts given the way things have gone this year.

Why put yourself through it when you know there is sweet FA chance of a conviction.

With nowhere to turn and feeling very angry about the situation at least if your good friends rang a radio station to bring it to their attention, some good might come of it without all the aggravation of being dragged through the courts and branded a ****/whore etc.

No winners in this scenario unfortunately.

if you went to the police there is actually less chance of this happening im pretty sure they would be able to minimise the media knowledge

Originally posted by rosejam
or maybe they are easy targets seeing as
A they were in the area
Ive been there thousands of time surfing. Im not going to rape someone in the pub, just because i am there
they are young
Where is the leadership group then? Follow by example....
C they have been accused before
Fair enough, that point is reasonable
please note i am in no way saying it didn't happen just trying to "not believe everything in the media"
Its happened twice. Somethings suss

Originally posted by chemical
Ive been there thousands of time surfing. Im not going to rape someone in the pub, just because i am there

Where is the leadership group then? Follow by example....
Fair enough, that point is reasonable
Its happened twice. Somethings suss

by breaking my post down you have taken it out of context

they are easy targets "as profesiional sportsmen" because they were there

in regards to the LG they have to go out with babysitters do they?

accused twice but maybe the second time because they know people will think oh they were accused before aswell

again please note im just trying to give the other point of view i am in no way saying this person has lied because i wasn't there i dont know...however i do doubt the truth of this story

i also believe if there is proof nothing happened both the person who revealed the club was stkilda and the person alledging the rape(not the alleged victem) should be sued

By turning a blind eye. The AFL administration and Club adminstrators have always known what's been going on. Measures needed to be put into place years ago, but there more concerned about "on field racial taunts, etc".

"Drugs" is another issue that is continuously swept under the carpet. Do you remember the ex-player from Sydney statement being torched down by the AFL as rubbish?

Please ignore the facts if you like, but the blame should be squarely put on the party in charge.

Sorry how are the AFL and administration to blame. I am still not sure.

Does your employer take responsibility for your actions ??

This has nothing to do with On field issues or drugs in sport, this is a person sexually abusing or raping another person within a community. The fact that one of them is an AFL footballer does not automatically shift all the blame back on to the AFL.

Society has known for many years that rapes and sexual abuse have occured and they still do yet you don't throw any stones at anyone UNTIL they become a high profile sports person. Sorry doesn't wash with me. The only ones to blame for this disgraceful behaviour (if true) are the five individuals involved irrespective of their profession.

Originally posted by Adrian1
Sorry how are the AFL and administration to blame. I am still not sure.

Does your employer take responsibility for your actions ??

This has nothing to do with On field issues or drugs in sport, this is a person sexually abusing or raping another person within a community. The fact that one of them is an AFL footballer does not automatically shift all the blame back on to the AFL.

Society has known for many years that rapes and sexual abuse have occured and they still do yet you don't throw any stones at anyone UNTIL they become a high profile sports person. Sorry doesn't wash with me. The only ones to blame for this disgraceful behaviour (if true) are the five individuals involved irrespective of their profession.

Well argued.

Similar points to my posts, see above.

Cheers

Firstly let me say I have heard nothing about this except for what Ive read here in this thread.

Secondly.. Viduka: Youy really shouldn't post on subjects like this, otherwise you're usually entertaining, but you insult EVERYONE, and humiliate yourself when you post crap like this thread. Await the facts.. or at least await the dribble of 'facts' we get once the cover up is in place in such situations.

Thirdly. Going from the comments in this thread Ive heard it occured at two different pubs.. and all the infomation is third hand at best.
It also doesnt appear that any sexual assault took place (according to the thread), the girl was asked, and maybe physically pressured, but she wasn't forced by the sounds of things.... she protested and was let go. OR perhaps it was because there were apparent 'witnesses' she was left to leave....???

Fourthly. I love footy, I dont like many footballers at all. I know all players arent the cliche, in fact we probably have less cliched buffon players now than at any time in the past, but Clubs, Police, Media and the general public need to see them for what they are... Ordinary human beings who are not beyond reproach and should be treated accordingly.. yeah a pipe dream I know.

And lastly... Ive spent a few NYE's in sorrento and have seen two people die and a man attacked with a machette there.. Its the culture of the place;)

Originally posted by SaveFeriss
Firstly let me say I have heard nothing about this except for what Ive read here in this thread.

Secondly.. Viduka: Youy really shouldn't post on subjects like this, otherwise you're usually entertaining, but you insult EVERYONE, and humiliate yourself when you post crap like this thread. Await the facts.. or at least await the dribble of 'facts' we get once the cover up is in place in such situations.

Thirdly. Going from the comments in this thread Ive heard it occured at two different pubs.. and all the infomation is third hand at best.
It also doesnt appear that any sexual assault took place (according to the thread), the girl was asked, and maybe physically pressured, but she wasn't forced by the sounds of things.... she protested and was let go. OR perhaps it was because there were apparent 'witnesses' she was left to leave....???

Fourthly. I love footy, I dont like many footballers at all. I know all players arent the cliche, in fact we probably have less cliched buffon players now than at any time in the past, but Clubs, Police, Media and the general public need to see them for what they are... Ordinary human beings who are not beyond reproach and should be treated accordingly.. yeah a pipe dream I know.

And lastly... Ive spent a few NYE's in sorrento and have seen two people die and a man attacked with a machette there.. Its the culture of the place;)

great post but i hate that word culture.....with that last paragraph are you implying that
A the would of let it happen
or
B there is a good chance is was made up

Remove this Banner Ad

3AW naming St Kilda over a alleged assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Back