3rd Test: Australia vs South Africa, Newlands, March 1-5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The away ashes was amazing entertainment and drama (and fun on these boards!) even though we lost.
No matter the result I love the Ashes in England. Lying in bed while it's freezing cold outside watching Ashes cricket being played at historic grounds, it's amazing. Glad we're back there next year.

No matter the result I love the Ashes in England. Lying in bed while it's freezing cold outside watching Ashes cricket being played at historic grounds, it's amazing. Glad we're back there next year.
Minus the freezing part, its Perth, its never freezing.

What a nightmare way to depart Test cricket for Graeme Smith!

Who would have foreseen Australia absolutely breaking Smith during this series and serving him a series loss on his way out of Test cricket??
Should have jumped the sinking ship with Kallis. :p

ngsy.jpg

The South African supporters getting cockier with each dot ball was shitting me. They were ready to celebrate a draw for the ages. I wish I could have a book full of photos of every single face as Morkel's wicket fell.
Good to steal a victory draw from them.

Agreed, although it always annoys me how often bad light (and to a lesser extent rain) ruins games over there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, although it always annoys me how often bad light (and to a lesser extent rain) ruins games over there.
Yeah, you can pretty much guarantee two Tests are going to be washed out or that enough overs will be lost so a result isn't produced.

Perhaps.

It's the same with AFL. I don't understand why after close wins, some people's immediate reaction is to turn to opposition fans and players and start screaming "F*** OFF" or calling them syds or what not. Or the umpires. Why take a moment of joy and be negative in that moment? Don't understand it.
Because we are shitty people, I don't know what else to tell you. We're all assholes and delight in the misfortune of others. After 30,000 posts on BF, I don't know why you so surprised at all of this :confused:

Minus the freezing part, its Perth, its never freezing.
I did not account for the Perth fans, haha.
I love it when it's freezing during an Ashes tour. Go to the footy rugged up in my jacket and guernsey and hopefully see a Doggies win/cracking neutral game, then sit wrapped in a blanket/in bed/with the heater cranked up watching Test cricket and watching the Pommy crowds struggle with the heat :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back