Past #4: Daniel Harris - 149 games for NMFC - delisted end '09 - 11 games for GCFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Port played in a grand final in '07, they are thereabouts and might consider a topping up of the list, therefore, Harris and Jones for pick 4, or am I overrating the value of pick 4? Hypothetically, that trade goes through, then North could use pick 4 and 9 for Kerr?

Kerr is just a quick fix. Pick 4 and 9 will serve you for at least 10 + years.

If Laidley went at Harris after the Freo game, I'd hope the other 21 blokes got the same treatment.

Exactly. People can talk all day about Harris being inconsistent this year and especially crap against Freo, but the fact remains that we had jack-squat of consistency on our list this year, possibly 5-10 players that you could say had a good, consistent year.

It always smelt of a scapegoat and the blood is on Dean's hands completely in my opinion. While many on BF will not be able to handle this prospect, the club will be much worse off without Harris and there is no hope in hell that we will be able to get what he is worth to our club.

I hope I will be wrong by the end of next week...

Exactly. People can talk all day about Harris being inconsistent this year and especially crap against Freo, but the fact remains that we had jack-squat of consistency on our list this year, possibly 5-10 players that you could say had a good, consistent year.

It always smelt of a scapegoat and the blood is on Dean's hands completely in my opinion. While many on BF will not be able to handle this prospect, the club will be much worse off without Harris and there is no hope in hell that we will be able to get what he is worth to our club.

I hope I will be wrong by the end of next week...
Agreed.

As I sit here in Queenstown, looking over the lake, I deem this a disappointing development.
There is little chance we will get what he is worth to us.
Warnock, who has played about 20 games off the bench and shown only glimpses of potential, will fetch much more because he is a ruckman.
Bah.

Since it looks likely that Danno is going elsewhere next season i'd thought an appreciation thread is order.

No suggestions for what he's worth/trade ideas.

Just good memories and best wishes for a player who I think really embodied what the club is about but sadly got dicked around by a coach with limited communication/motivational skills...that was laced with a bit of vitriol in case you didnt pick it up.
Anyway.

My favourite Harro moment was meeting him at a training session two years back and midway through the convo he said watch this and booted the ball 30ms to smack the back of Brady Rawlings head.
Lovely bloke.

He cops a rocket from the coach and comes out and is BOG the next round.

Laidley wants to play Lower in the midfield. Lower wasn't ready this year.
Harro leaving should spark Lower to have the best pre-season ever and take his rightful place in the middle. Hopefully he stays fit so he can have a ful pre-season, because he has had a few set backs over the last couple of years.

I really hope that you are right. Lower's rightful spot is in the guts, using his great smarts and toughness.

Followers: Hamish/Goldstein Lower, Firrito

There is some toughness and strength. Add to that some pretty good height: 202cm, 187cm, 190cm. Would scare some teams I think with these two bulldogs (or Mastiffs) chasing after the ball...

A couple of things worth noting:

- Harro finished 7th in the B & F this year. So in regards to the North list, he was the 7th best player. It probably says more about the team than Harro but not many sides would be trading their best 10 out of the club after finals.

- Harro might have had a funny year this year, but so did Simmo, Swallow and Mc Intosh. Have we had a new coaching structure in there? A lot of the time the ball seemed to go aay from him at centre bounces. The structure is a coaching policy.

- Still finished 11th for tackles and 17th for clearances in the comp. Not bad for an average season.

Things haven;t worked for him this year, and for a number of players in our line up, singling him out just proves that Dean has a very poor relationship with daniel.

And Spud looked very average in the middle, not sure if he is the answer.

I which games?

He played genuine midfield in maybe two of them, starting at only a few centre bounces.

He cops a rocket from the coach and comes out and is BOG the next round.

Hey i'm sure the rocket trick works very well very often but it seems if a player stops reacting to it, JYD is stumped.
To get to the point were a player and coach cant function together makes me consider it a major ****-up of communication.

I which games?

He played genuine midfield in maybe two of them, starting at only a few centre bounces.

Last 2.

Probably need a pre season to change his body shape, that might help. I just don't think Spud is that clean when there are several hands around it. 1 maybe 2 he is strong but when there are limbs everywhere, I am not as confident.

A couple of things worth noting:

- Harro finished 7th in the B & F this year. So in regards to the North list, he was the 7th best player. It probably says more about the team than Harro but not many sides would be trading their best 10 out of the club after finals.

- Harro might have had a funny year this year, but so did Simmo, Swallow and Mc Intosh. Have we had a new coaching structure in there? A lot of the time the ball seemed to go aay from him at centre bounces. The structure is a coaching policy.

- Still finished 11th for tackles and 17th for clearances in the comp. Not bad for an average season.

Things haven;t worked for him this year, and for a number of players in our line up, singling him out just proves that Dean has a very poor relationship with daniel.

Does anyone know where Wayne Schwass finished in the 1997 SBM?

Simmo was playing very good footy till his injury, Swallow lost alot of confidence and had injuries and so did Hamish.

Dean singling Daniel out means that Dean rates Daniel and he wants him to play good footy. This is football at the top level. They are adults who are well payed to play sport. If they cant cop a bake from the coach then what are you doing in the AFL. This isnt junior footy anymore. If any player cant cop a well deserved bake then look for another career I say.

Heh, Harris is 26 right? Dal is 24.

Dal finished 3rd in a Brownlow, what's Harris' highest finish?

Dal had one bad season, that doesn't instantly make Harris better. Joke of a suggestion that Harris is worth pick 31 AND Dal. Honestly you didn't mean that did you?

Oh and even though Dal had a 'shit' season, he still managed 3 more touches... (22-19)

Not a troll, just interested in seeing why you rate Harris so much higher?

Dude, when Harro gets his possies they are mostly clearances. Dal on the other hand doesn't get many clearances.

Were talking about a player who wins his own ball & can actually use it. Compared to a player who depends on someone getting it for him.

Thats why i'd rate Harris higher then Dal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey i'm sure the rocket trick works very well very often but it seems if a player stops reacting to it, JYD is stumped.
To get to the point were a player and coach cant function together makes me consider it a major ****-up of communication.

Well then that is where the player has to find their own motivation or find another place of employment. I would have thought a massive pay cheque would have been enough to get Daniel motivated. 300k in my bank account would certainly make me want to put in for my employer.

I rate Lovett very highly with his pace and skill. Matty Knights loves blokes with a strong work ethic. In your eyes is it a fair deal? I reckon so, Lovett would bond with the many aboriginals at our club. He has got the pace and skill to be deadly and with Wells firing it would be all class. Thoughts?

Fair? Your kidding, right?

No freaking way would i trade Harro for Lovett

i think it all comes down for harro doing it fpr a longer % of the game and harro has always had trouble with this, if he cant step up a level,(like all good players should). and jyd and staff have probably had enough opf waiting.

i think it all comes down for harro doing it fpr a longer % of the game and harro has always had trouble with this, if he cant step up a level,(like all good players should). and jyd and staff have probably had enough opf waiting.

Indeed.

Yet woeful hacks who contribute less than a portaloo still will run through the banner.

No, no, no we don't want real men who use the ball like Harro. We want slow pigs who run on the outside to collect soft ball and burn it with Grade 4 disposal.

I love footy sometimes.

Kerr has re-signed with the Eagles, so what does this mean for Harris?

1: There is 1 less talented ball winning midfielder on the market which might increase Harris' value

2: Eagles will now not be keen on Harris (whether or not they would've been if Kerr was leaving)

I've loved watching Harro, and he'd become a favourite player of mine along with Spud and Drew over these years. I thought he'd be a one-club player. Yet I'm not that sad or surprised about this, particularly as it had been hinted at throughout the year. Just disappointed.

I'm hoping like hell that we don't just settle with this trade. Would probably take a 1st rounder alone or a 2nd rounder + a youngish player that JYD feels can slot straight into the side and is filling one of our 'gaps' (no Kerr or O'Keefe please). Del Santo or Murphy would certainly get my vote. If we don't get what we want out of the offers on the table we don't trade and make Harro serve out his contract. Simple as that.

It's about time we started to do ourselves a favour as a club rather than bending over backwards for any given individual and getting screwed for it. We have got to be pragmatic about stuff like this if we're looking to win premierships. Am wishing Euge would be at the trade table looking over JYD and DMac's shoulders this week :eek:

kitty :)

Indeed.

Yet woeful hacks who contribute less than a portaloo still will run through the banner.

No, no, no we don't want real men who use the ball like Harro. We want slow pigs who run on the outside to collect soft ball and burn it with Grade 4 disposal.

I love footy sometimes.

im just one of the realists on here who pretty much knew that harro was gonna be gone at the end of 08 like it or not. not one of the hypocrites who now say we will miss him after wanting him dropped.

for me he was always supposed to be stevos replacement. and he has never delivered to expectation after a fair amount of time. trade and get some value now.

he and the coach also having a fiery relationship would not of helped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #4: Daniel Harris - 149 games for NMFC - delisted end '09 - 11 games for GCFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back