Past #4: Daniel Harris - 149 games for NMFC - delisted end '09 - 11 games for GCFC

Remove this Banner Ad

And Spud looked very average in the middle, not sure if he is the answer.

Spoke to Spud at the b&F last night. Seems he had been playing during the final part of the season with an ankle problem. He went in and had a "clean up" of the ankle and all is now fine with it. So next season it will be the Firrito we watched at the start of this year hopefully.

While everyone is saying we need someone to cover Harro in the midfield and we should look at a Dal Santo or Nathan Jones ,if we are going to let Harro go then trade him for the best pick possible and not waste it on a player from another club . We have a guy who everyone seems to have forgotten about who l believe can cover Harros spot in the side and be a long term player for the club......Leigh Adams. Any thoughts?

Sad to see Harro go
I'll remember Harro this year for his freak goal in round 9 against Footscray (Boomers 250th) from the 50m line during the 3rd quarter that got us back in the game and won.
I'm surprised that it hasn't been on Youtube

While everyone is saying we need someone to cover Harro in the midfield and we should look at a Dal Santo or Nathan Jones ,if we are going to let Harro go then trade him for the best pick possible and not waste it on a player from another club . We have a guy who everyone seems to have forgotten about who l believe can cover Harros spot in the side and be a long term player for the club......Leigh Adams. Any thoughts?

I would do Nathan Jones as a direct swap for Harro in a hearbeat. Harro obviously wants out so why not get a younger hungrier version in. I rate Jones and put him in a good side and you will see him burn.

I would do Nathan Jones as a direct swap for Harro in a hearbeat. Harro obviously wants out so why not get a younger hungrier version in. I rate Jones and put him in a good side and you will see him burn.

I doubt we would get a straight swap for Jones. He will be 21 next year and has loads of potential. He and Mclean are about all Melbourne have to look forward to.

Loved watching him play. 3 players hanging off him and dishing out the crucial hand pass. A dying breed in the modern game but probably right for the club and him to part ways... which is still disappointing.

Will miss him but loved him for the time he was here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a few queries on Jones. He is not a reliable kick, doesnt have good vision and when he kicks it, it's usually just thrown onto the boot. I would probably do it though if we didnt have other offers.

He probably stagnated a bit this year and struggled with a tag, especially with Mclean out. Still has a bright future ahead of him.

There is no way Melbourne would trade Jones for Harris. Jones is one of the most talented youngsters going around and in their current position trading him for a 27 yr old is ridiculous. Starting to sound like Collingwood supporters here.

There is no way Melbourne would trade Jones for Harris. Jones is one of the most talented youngsters going around and in their current position trading him for a 27 yr old is ridiculous. Starting to sound like Collingwood supporters here.

Agreed.

He probably stagnated a bit this year and struggled with a tag, especially with Mclean out. Still has a bright future ahead of him.
He did stagnate, I think he is a good player and will remain one, but dont think he can be a star of the comp. McLean is 3 times the better player and can actually use the ball. Has an underrated kick does McLean.

Jones also finished 18th in their B+F.

Port could use both Harris and Jones.

How about Harris and Jones for pick 4 and their 3rd rounder?

We could pick up Ziebell and Sidebottom.

Drop the 3rd rounder if it is too much.

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Imagining having McIntosh and Goldstein as the ruckmen, with Wells Smith Urquhart Sidebottom Ziebell as the main midfield with Riggio Lower and Ross as support?

Jesus, man.

I like it but surely we would take Hurley with pick 4.

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Imagining having McIntosh and Goldstein as the ruckmen, with Wells Smith Urquhart Sidebottom Ziebell as the main midfield with Riggio Lower and Ross as support?

Jesus, man.

Is it it anyway realistic?

Only if Williams is re-setting for a crack at the flag.

Jones and Harris would fit right in the Cornes (x2), S.Burgoyne, Motlop, Cassisi core age group

I know we need mids, and I'm a big Ziebell fan but Hurley is probably the best to come out of draft since.. well since Hansen:)

I have only seen highlights and 1 game, and while he does look good, he doesn't look Hansen good in terms of the way Lachy dominated under 18 players.

Drafting backs with such high picks is dangerous.

Fix the midfield and our backs will do fine, and there are guns to be picked up in the first 10.

I would pass him by.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #4: Daniel Harris - 149 games for NMFC - delisted end '09 - 11 games for GCFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back