Past #4: Daniel Harris - 149 games for NMFC - delisted end '09 - 11 games for GCFC

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it might be, didnt Williams say his top picks are up for trade?

Yes he did. He is full of shit, but yes he did.

I have only seen highlights and 1 game, and while he does look good, he doesn't look Hansen good in terms of the way Lachy dominated under 18 players.

Drafting backs with such high picks is dangerous.

Fix the midfield and our backs will do fine, and there are guns to be picked up in the first 10.

I would pass him by.

Yeah, fair enough. I agree drafting backs is dangerous but Hurley could solve a few of our problems. You wouldn't hear me complaining if we ended up with Ziebell though.

Is everybody happy that we are looking to reduce our forward line of another small marking/leading forward? (Jones). Shit. With Grant already gone (who had quite a good season) I wouldn't be moving on Jones in a hurry unless we got something good for him.

Was in a taxi home this morning from crown, asleep, and the taxi driver woke me up talking to his son on hands free, ABOUT DANIEL HARRIS LOL and Simpson being too sloppy on his left lol. A passionate fan like myself we discussed everything from Sam Power to captaincy to the Arden portables ;/ lol. I hadn't read the paper or slept in like 40 hours :/ so the news kinda shocked me, but a shock I wasn't surprised to hear, if that makes sense.

Will be sad to see him go, he has had his chance here IMO and hasn't lived up to what we want him to be/fulfilled his potential.. His been a good servant and good luck to him:thumbsu:.

Wells will be in the same situation as Harris is in now within say 3 years if his mediocrity continues too. The kids gotta lift and i truly believe he will! Someones just gotta crack the whip and let him know! Hopefully this will open his eyes too.

Now lets sink our grubby hands into some nice talents potential AFL guns in the draft and someone start the oven!

Was in a taxi home this morning from crown, asleep, and the taxi driver woke me up talking to his son on hands free, ABOUT DANIEL HARRIS LOL and Simpson being too sloppy on his left lol. A passionate fan like myself we discussed everything from Sam Power to captaincy to the Arden portables ;/ lol. I hadn't read the paper or slept in like 40 hours :/ so the news kinda shocked me, but a shock I wasn't surprised to hear, if that makes sense.

Will be sad to see him go, he has had his chance here IMO and hasn't lived up to what we want him to be/fulfilled his potential.. His been a good servant and good luck to him:thumbsu:.

Wells will be in the same situation as Harris is in now within say 3 years if his mediocrity continues too. The kids gotta lift and i truly believe he will! Someones just gotta crack the whip and let him know! Hopefully this will open his eyes too.

Now lets sink our grubby hands into some nice talents potential AFL guns in the draft and someone start the oven!
I love alcohol too :thumbsu:

Hey i'm sure the rocket trick works very well very often but it seems if a player stops reacting to it, JYD is stumped.
To get to the point were a player and coach cant function together makes me consider it a major ****-up of communication.

I don't hear the rest of the team asking to leave. Couldn't have anything to do with Harro's personality could it, must be all Laidley's fault :rolleyes:

Port could use both Harris and Jones.

How about Harris and Jones for pick 4 and their 3rd rounder?

We could pick up Ziebell and Sidebottom.

Drop the 3rd rounder if it is too much.

I like the idea and I have considered it before but I think they might believe that they are drafting to many older players. IMO they would be much more likely to look at Harris + Lower for pick 4 or Jones + Lower for pick 4.

Harris and Jones for pick 4 is just not going to happen. Absolutely no chance.

Strange player Harris. Always thought he should be as good as Mitchell (they were very similar three years ago) but he just hasn't progressed. The fault of the coaching staff or his own laziness? Could be a great pickup for another side I reckon.

i dont see where its the coaching staffs fault if anything they gave him a fare amount of time and just didnt improve.

yeah we see players on the field but the coaches see all aspects of the player, training, leadership etc.

jones will not be traded he is important to our forward structure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He works his arse off and I would reckon that if the coaching staff could add a physical attribute to any player at the club if handed mystical powers, they would add an extra 20% to his tank. Per minutes played, he is just about the best footballer in the comp, but his 65 minutes just cannot be extended to 90 minutes. As a result, his 20 posession, 6 clearance, 6 tackle are compiled through basically a quarter less than the blokes of simmilar (elite) talent.

There is no way Melbourne would trade Jones for Harris. Jones is one of the most talented youngsters going around and in their current position trading him for a 27 yr old is ridiculous. Starting to sound like Collingwood supporters here.

Yet some of us are demanding first round draft picks:rolleyes:

I think I'd prefer 2 second rounders (one for each of Jones and Harro) than pick four.

With the perceived depth of this draft, the gap from say, Hurley or Zeibell at pick four, isn't necessarily a better alternative to 3 second round picks.

if losing harro and jones in this trade period we must play hardball as its the last before the goldcoast grap 10 situation. and get the best we can get.

In what appears to be a deep draft, if we can get ourselves 4 top 30 picks that would be excellent. What are people expecting to get out of Jones if he is offloaded?

In what appears to be a deep draft, if we can get ourselves 4 top 30 picks that would be excellent. What are people expecting to get out of Jones if he is offloaded?

2nd rounder/early third

To me Corey Jones has as much or more value than Harris. He can be a game winner and would make a top team much better again. Age difference isnt that much.
Would be looking for around pick 20 for both, although i like the idea of trading one of them combined with our 2nd rounder for a pick around number 10.

apparently Harro would like to go to the swans. hmmm....maybe Sydneys 1st rounder for Harro and our 3rd rounder. Not sure how a trade with Sydney would play out

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #4: Daniel Harris - 149 games for NMFC - delisted end '09 - 11 games for GCFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back