List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

17298434_1359956860733384_5176423270949322752_n.mp4

Richmond lowballed him by reducing the value of the contract on offer when that happened. Then they lowballed him again at the start of the year offer $800k for a top five player in the league. No wonder he wants out when the club gives him that kind of disrespect and he has to go through so much drama just to get the wage he deserves.

Martin was no where near top 5 in the league at the start of this season. Top ten yes.
Personally i believe he was behind,
Patrick Dangerfield
Josh Kennedy (Sydney)
Sam Mitchell
Dan Hannebury
Treloar
Rockcliff
In 2016 as he was
Ranked 1st in clangers
Ranked 1st in turnovers
But this season he has definitely gone past most of those on that list and would 100% be top two if not the best for 2017.

The first few contracts would of been on last years performance and that over the off season pre season, so i don't see where Richmond couldof gone higher at that time?
We offer him what we believe he is worth at that time notin the future. Once another party has chosen to offer himmore we then sit down again and go through the process of what to come back with.

Simply put, he was good last season but better this season.
We put in a offer on last season and have since uppedit on this season's performance.

Your club has stupidly sold the farm to get him.

Dusty allegedly meeting the lolnorf leadership group and it not making headlines = they ******* rang him up and hassled him over the phone.

Richmond going to the AFL to get after footy deal ticked off = Dusty and Carr have approved it and tigers have the answer they are after.
Agree with the bottom part. You wouldn't go to the league for approval if it was just a hypothetical possibility.

I think the media went a bit early on this a couple weeks ago, realised it wasn't happening as quickly as they thought, north ponied up a bit more cash, now have created the story that Dusty is weighing up a huge offer from North in an attempt to cover themselves up from the early crowing.

I can understand why there is so much riding on it for Norf fans.
If a bloke knocks back $400k per season for the next 7 to stay where he is I reckon it'd just about break me. That would be the ultimate slap in the face.
It's going to be a big few weeks for them. Seriously that would have me nervous and I think the disappointment if a player knocked us back in this scenario would far outweigh any joy if they signed. So big times coming up no doubt.
In the meantime **** it I'm just going to follow my team starting this week and hoping for a good finals campaign.its a big few weeks for us too, but for a different reason
Go Tiges.

SO ive done some investigating and ive come to a pretty bad conclusion

Dusty had a meeting * a meeting so secret no one knew about it mind you* 6 weeks ago, the only way such secrecy could be achieved is if he dug a tunnel to arden street.

About 6 weeks ago Marley williams hurt his back and was out for the season

Did his best mate Marley help him dig the tunnel?

IS THAT HOW HE HURT HIS BACK?????

Sigh.
A North supporter just called SEN to ask why Richmond lolleblds Martin.
I think he was trying to say lowball the poor bugger.

Did they say specifically they were a North supporter because this sounds like a Collingwood supporter thing.

If Dusty runs off to North do you blokes get compensation?
Yes, it'll be shitty compensation but still compensation. If we stay fourth it'll be the #15 draft pick which would be the draft pick immediately after our first rounder.

SO ive done some investigating and ive come to a pretty bad conclusion

Dusty had a meeting * a meeting so secret no one knew about it mind you* 6 weeks ago, the only way such secrecy could be achieved is if he dug a tunnel to arden street.

About 6 weeks ago Marley williams hurt his back and was out for the season

Did his best mate Marley help him dig the tunnel?

IS THAT HOW HE HURT HIS BACK?????

Investigating? I think all you have done is some digging of a hole.............:D

If a bloke knocks back $400k per season for the next 7 to stay where he is I reckon it'd just about break me. That would be the ultimate slap in the face.
It's going to be a big few weeks for them. Seriously that would have me nervous and I think the disappointment if a player knocked us back in this scenario would far outweigh any joy if they signed. So big times coming up no doubt.
In the meantime **** it I'm just going to follow my team starting this week and hoping for a good finals campaign.its a big few weeks for us too, but for a different reason
Go Tiges.

I tend to disagree Rodney. Said the other day, it's harder to lure a player than keep one. The real slap in the face is if a target takes less money but doesn't stay at their club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Tiges.
I was going to say pretty much the exact same thing. At least if he leaves us we can understand the $$ element. But what a statement this is - if North offered 300-400 a year more (per year not in total, per year) and couldn't secure his signature. It would be the ultimate rejection. It would be devastating. At the end of the year where their pseudo "window" has been firmly slammed shut and the reality of their situation has been evident for 21 weeks (I'll give them the Adelaide game), A big name signature would help numb the pain (plus putting one over a rival). For dusty to say no - I'm staying put, will be devastating.
We will be devastated to lose him. But at least there will be a valid reason....

The only good thing about this thread is that you can take a break from work every hour or two and know that there is pages of entertaining melts to cure your boredom.
You're doing well to last an hour or two.
Most of us are not working at all and are on this thread 24/7.

Dusty allegedly meeting the lolnorf leadership group and it not making headlines = they ******* rang him up and hassled him over the phone.

Richmond going to the AFL to get after footy deal ticked off = Dusty and Carr have approved it and tigers have the answer they are after.

When did this happen?

If Dusty goes that's fair enough, he has given us good service and he is unlikely to stay in the footy industry after he retires so for him its now of never, so if we do have to turn the page we end up with the million plus a year we planned to pay him, should we go after a Patton or some other recognized gun key forward? The landscape changes. We are potentially a destination club now.

If Dusty goes that's fair enough, he has given us good service and he is unlikely to stay in the footy industry after he retires so for him its now of never, so if we do have to turn the page we end up with the million plus a year we planned to pay him, should we go after a Patton or some other recognized gun key forward? The landscape changes. We are potentially a destination club now.
Or we cool our jets and get Ben Brown or Tom Lynch next year.
Gun mids grow on trees. Gun talls don't.
Having said that, Dusty is more than just a gun mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back