List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

The way I look at it is we have him. We didn't have to pay market overs to keep him. To get him, the coin that would have had to be paid is ridiculous. Imagine if we didnt have him and wanted to get him in?

At the end of the day, yes he's getting some really good coin but its actually him being a good person with some really admirable qualities keeping him at the club. yes I'm drinking the kool-aid and its ****ing delicious

He did meet with Nth players
Apologies to those Nth supporters that said he did. Didnt believe it. Clearly he did.

Probably a good thing. Met with the leadership group and thought "is this it?"

Don't forget Carr's management approach is to take the money so be glad that The Tigs are who we are

Took my ten year old to her first game on Sunday courtesy of the RFC who kindly gave us tickets to the Harrison room, all she could talk about was Dusty, as we live in WA the Dockers were a bit of a draw card for her, after tonights news it looks like we have another future family of Tigers.

**** that took ages to catch up

**** yeah Dusty!

this time last week he was gone...according to carr

He was never leaving. Reading between the lines and from what Tiger71 said Carr was pushing the cash and using it to leverage Shane. Dusty was never interested in the cash and would have signed weeks ago but Carr pushed him to wait and talk to Shane.

While that makes Carr sound like a bit of dick and I'm sure self interest was involved I have no issue with him, he was just doing his job to maximize Dusty's return and he did it well.

Bring on the Bolton 2018 thread!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ralph Carr looks like Geoffrey Edelston
Despite his opining to the contrary...about how "professional" he is...for me this was ALL about ralph carr getting his payback on rfc for his own half @rsed f***up with the 1st dusty contract.
He's taken a couple of naive not so sharp nuffers in dusty and his old man along for the ride...sure he's got the money for his client...but is that what this team game is all about.
I hope we still have enough room to pay everyone else who works hard and improves on the richmond list what they need to stay and make this a great team.
I expect (with Balmey) the strategy would already be set for shai bolton...to ensure we get the maximum trade value rather than getting bent over...again...along with any other nuffer that engages this player agent and the others like him that will surely be spawned from this tacky exercise...not necessarily saying the ricky nixon type era was better...

The interview was good. Dusty has matured a lot.
The 'big decision' at the start was just cringe though.
Even if the news hadn't been leaked all over the net it would still be pathetic. Is this really how we want major news broken? And interviewing Hardwick trying to make it sound like he'd only found out when they broke the news ... PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!

Tiger71
Thanks for revealing your inside knowledge again. You were right yet again and your great to have on the board

Good on ya Tiger71 we all owe you a beer or 10! :D

this time last week he was gone...according to carr

Calling BS on that. Selling the drama imo.
Though it was 400k difference....
Funnily that came from Carr.
Straight after that we have Dimma saying he was always confident and said it very deliberately and made a point of saying how well he knows Dusty.
I think a lot of this was Carr.
Just a hunch.

Gotta be honest, I think at least some of this was more accurate than we give it credit for.

Let's not get stuck in too much with the blokes who more than likely had genuine mail like Philly, save your disdain for the flogs who talked shit but had absolutely NFI like Snake_bitch and Crotch_guru. ;)

Hey guys, I can finally put this to bed; I snuck out some footage form an interview that will be put up on the AFL website tomorrow morning at 10:20am. Really good news.

7kD1wlJ.gif

New avatar, getting onto the new sig now!
I hope Shane Martin is let back in the country! Dusty will play out of his skin on Friday night if his dad is there!

I'm so bloody happy!
Tiger for life!!!
7d4915c8233366bf6b96f5e30b52f1b5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back