List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Why don't we just offer Kelly a massive contract blokes a gun and only going to get better .

because we would have to offer both of our first round picks to GWS, and they would still want more (they wouldn't want two 10+ picks)

It's certainly a possibility, but don't see why NM will categorically deny it if they did. If it was coming from anyone but Denham I would put more thought into it, but alas, Denham has zero credibility and horrible sources.

Well we aren't exactly going to admit it.
Would be disrespectful to Martin and unprofessional to speak about those things now.

noone is offering $2m, the article said norf have up to $2m to play with, not that they are offering it all to him.

$1.1m for buddy with the CBA increases is more than $1.5m for 2018 and onwards.

we are delusional if we think we will get anything other than ONE first round pick after our own, and that is assuming that isnt downgraded by us taking another free agent ourselves
IMG_0323.JPG

Well we aren't exactly going to admit it.
Would be disrespectful to Martin and unprofessional to speak about those things now.
IMG_0229.JPG

And Melbourne got pick 3 for Frawley lol

Errr frawley in his own right was a premium key defender. If rance left u could get one like that. Also Melbourne was not exactly a highly competitive team back then. Afl needs to equalise. The frawley, rance, fletchers do not come as regularly as the ablett, judd, Dangerfield, martins hence less compensation. Also Richmond is top 4, not as much equalisation needed as if u r bottom 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, NM has labelled Denham's claims that Scott and co. flying to NZ to meet Dustys dad as "laughable", surely suggests the rest of his article is as such, laughable. Guy has zero credibility.
He should be the first under Gils rule to suspend his accreditation.

If I was us, I would tell Dusty if he accepts Norf's over, we will match any offer, and then tell him he is on the trade table and will accept the best offer we get from it.

He wants to hold us to ransom? Fine. He can go where we tell him to go or he can stay. Enough taking care of Dusty. We have invested 8 years into him. Time for him and us to look after the club.

noone is offering $2m, the article said norf have up to $2m to play with, not that they are offering it all to him.

$1.1m for buddy with the CBA increases is more than $1.5m for 2018 and onwards.

we are delusional if we think we will get anything other than ONE first round pick after our own, and that is assuming that isnt downgraded by us taking another free agent ourselves
$1.1m for Buddy is $1.1m regardless of the increase in the cap as he has a contract.

As for North, rumour is that Dusty already knocked back their $1.5m a year offer and that given they have seemingly lost Kelly they are now going all out for Dusty as their board ticked off on using $15m of space to secure both Dusty and Kelly so there is a chance that they could end up offering $2m if it means they secure him as a RFA.

The AFL have a stipulation in place that says if compo is looked upon as being inadequate they can convene a panel to look if compo can be altered so why shouldn't we at least ask the question. Again I'm not saying we'll get it, and truth be told I don't think we'll be needing to ask as Dusty stays, but we'd be negligent not to raise the question if he leaves

If I was us, I would tell Dusty if he accepts Norf's over, we will match any offer, and then tell him he is on the trade table and will accept the best offer we get from it.

He wants to hold us to ransom? Fine. He can go where we tell him to go or he can stay. Enough taking care of Dusty. We have invested 8 years into him. Time for him and us to look after the club.

What I don't get is why someone in the club re Corterie members etc through 3rd party associations etc , could set something up for dusty after he's retired from game / or property deals etc .

Errr frawley in his own right was a premium key defender. If rance left u could get one like that. Also Melbourne was not exactly a highly competitive team back then. Afl needs to equalise. The frawley, rance, fletchers do not come as regularly as the ablett, judd, Dangerfield, martins hence less compensation. Also Richmond is top 4, not as much equalisation needed as if u r bottom 4.

Frawley was an Unrestricted Free Agent and did not get a paycheck that put him into the top 5% of earners in the AFL. The compo was an easy way for the AFL to give them a "priority pick".

$1.1m for Buddy is $1.1m regardless of the increase in the cap as he has a contract.

As for North, rumour is that Dusty already knocked back their $1.5m a year offer and that given they have seemingly lost Kelly they are now going all out for Dusty as their board ticked off on using $15m of space to secure both Dusty and Kelly so there is a chance that they could end up offering $2m if it means they secure him as a RFA.

The AFL have a stipulation in place that says if compo is looked upon as being inadequate they can convene a panel to look if compo can be altered so why shouldn't we at least ask the question. Again I'm not saying we'll get it, and truth be told I don't think we'll be needing to ask as Dusty stays, but we'd be negligent not to raise the question if he leaves

Imagine the norf melts if Norf give dusty 2m. They tank for pick 1. We ask for special considerations for better compo given the size of the deal. AFL awards us Pick 1 in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back