List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

to be honest i still think he hasn't decided yet, hint what he will be thinking about during the break in NZ. he has to decide between money or being loyal..
Its not like Richmond are royally screwing him over. 1.2mil nothing to laugh at.

The AFL can't get anything right. They've made a mess of free agency as well. If this situation happened under the NBA system there would be a maximum contract that North/Essendon/Gold Coast could offer, with Richmond (as the mother team) able to offer a slightly better deal than anyone else. We'd also be allowed to go over the salary cap to re-sign our own player where the other teams would have to have that salary cap room available.

Having maximum contracts is good for the majority of players (other than the elite few superstars) as all the money gets spread around a lot more instead of having teams spend half their payroll on 1 or 2 guns, and it works for teams who are developing their own players and managing their payroll well, as they can't be outbid by a lunatic general manager with a fetish for a certain player.

As usual, the AFL borrows a little bit from here, a little bit from there and then just makes up some complicated nonsense to piece it all together. It's a joke.

Anyway, I'm still confident he's staying.

He deleted everything on instagram except for pictures with marley, dane swan and dan connors

Itshappening :p
Looked at his Facebook, there are players from Saints Geelong and Melbourne in his friends list, but he also had most of the Tigers players as well.

I'm surprised we get compensation full stop. He's out out of contract...his contract playing for Richmond is over.

The fact we would get something, that's a really good pick, is just a bonus.
Its over when we say its over.

I hope this doesn't come off as condescending as it really isn't my intention,but people need to calm down as I think some are too emotionally invested in this, gun superstar player but ffs it's footy. Hoping he stays, gut and brain says he's gone and has been for months.

I'm firmly in the camp that if he doesn't want to be at rfc then let him go, the cash will be great but he won't have the same legacy and we've been damn good to him. It certainly won't be a poor reflection on us. The talk of matching the 1.5 is beyond mental.

I'm surprised we get compensation full stop. He's out out of contract...his contract playing for Richmond is over.

The fact we would get something, that's a really good pick, is just a bonus.

Over on the 31st of October innit?

I hope this doesn't come off as condescending as it really isn't my intention,but people need to calm down as I think some are too emotionally invested in this, gun superstar player but ffs it's footy. Hoping he stays, gut and brain says he's gone and has been for months.

I'm firmly in the camp that if he doesn't want to be at rfc then let him go, the cash will be great but he won't have the same legacy and we've been damn good to him. It certainly won't be a poor reflection on us. The talk of matching the 1.5 is beyond mental.

Totally. He is good...but he is not that good. Waaaaaay too much hype around him right now. I want gim to stay. But not at all.costs.

Came of worse than you thought it was going to be. I'm very hurt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my only worry but I'm confident we will have an answer one way or another before the first final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya. My concern too is that the circus finally gets to Dusty and he has a shocker vs the Saints. If that happens i hope the club gives Carr a stern talking to.

Totally. He is good...but he is not that good. Waaaaaay too much hype around him right now. I want gim to stay. But not at all.costs.

People are too rapt up in the lol norf, and while I still love the pathetic joke that #lolnorf is.... If they want to literally sell the farm in an attempt to be relevant then there ain't shit we can do. People worried about losing face to them... They're a rabble and they can't even guarantee their coach will be there next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back