List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

If Dusty wants to leave, we simply have to match the offer and force Norf to trade. Why accept pick 16 as of right now, when we can get Norf to cough up top 10 picks or keep Dusty. The three options we have if Dusty accept's Norf's offer are:

Match the offer. Dusty stays.
Match the offer. Force a trade.
Don't match. Receive compo.

2 of those benefit Richmond. Why take thd 1 that doesn't.

Norf won't trade, not sure how many times that needs to be said

Would argue the opposite in that North can absorb a heavily front loaded contract whilst only having to pay developing kids. But Meh i'm sure when Dusty makes his decision either club will find a way to make it work.

Gotta say I really think this has gone way too far though and i do feel for you guys having to endure this BS. Free agency is becoming a blight on the integrity of the system.

On pure trade value Dusty is easily worth two top 10 picks, whereas the crap compo system will most likely award you a single teens pick for him. Total BS!!!

North on the other hand can spend $$ to basically buy two top 10 picks worth of player for no cost in draft picks at all. What would clubs spend if they could just buy a top 10 selection, easily a mill a piece.

So whilst you guys are being asked to pay top $$ to simply retain an existing player with a measly teens pick going as compo, North get handed two top 10 picks for nothing. Any wonder North are able to add a few million on top of your offer. It's simply not right at this level.

The system is pathetic but it's what's there so im proud of North pushing it to its limits, just think it's crap from your side. AFL must change this!

"IF" Dusty does move to North I wouldn't begrudge you guys using that cash to return the favour next year by throwing it at Brown. It's a slippery slope and whilst personally i'd be wrapped to have Dusty at North I hate the system that is allowing it.

So you think that Brown is worth/we'd throw a million plus ah? You have f*****g idea whatsoever.

Oh FFS, ch7 headlines, "Dusty's father could hold the key to Dusty's future"

This is ridiculous! Every god damn week there's something new.
We will never see a contract saga like this ever again, and thank Christ for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That actually makes me feel better.

No way would a manager say that and genuinely mean it. He's trying to squeeze more money out of the Tigers.
Jon Ralph not Ralph Carr

Because option 4 is match, piss him off, and watch him go in the PSD.

Lmfao cant believe people think that will actually happen

****ing fool

Because option 4 is match, piss him off, and watch him go in the PSD.
That assumes he would be interested in norf for reasons other then a outrageous contract offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Stevo, the decision will be made next week when Dusty is in Kiwi land visiting his dad
So dad's advice...chase the money son??? Ah whatever happens happens. Not going to spend the next few weeks worrying about it.

As an aside. I really hope that isn't his fathers advice.

I'm just sick of the circus.

According to Stevo, the decision will be made next week when Dusty is in Kiwi land visiting his dad

His old man knows the value of being a good club man hopefully gets him over the line ;)

So Dusty is the one going to NZ to meet Shane. Denham was close when he said someone was meeting Dustys father.

Stevo has no idea

Dan Richardson will resolve this in our favour .

He has stared down Carr before and won .

Expect the same to happen now .

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back