List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

All this flap about pressure to 'match' Norf's offer - gives me the shits.
We wont match and don't need to.
We just need to get the gap to a point that creates a comfortable compromise for both - negotiation 101.

Having said that the waiting is killing us all.....

this, imo this is all part of the negotiating process

i honestly believe his preference is to stay at richmond and his manager is using these tactics to get us to bridge the gap as much as possible before he agrees to re-sign

And... the team was able to support Dusty in getting there. Would unlikely have achieved this in a rabble club IMO
Who cares

I'm appreciating something that means more than football

Sometimes you gotta stop making it about yourselves

Imagine if he does land at lolnorf at $1.5m and they have a season like this years and maybe even Dusty himself has a bit of a form slump and then he jumps on a plane and heads to NZ. I don't care how much they now say it will all be ok....the media and their half dozen fans will be into him big time.

The more it gets complciated the more I believe he's staying. If it was as simple as our offer is a take it or leave it one, and he was leaving, it'd be done.

Obviously dusty wants to get more money from us and stay. If he wanted the $1.5m it's not the table and he can take it. The protracted negotiations only make sense if he wants to stay but wants more cash. They don't make any sense if he wants to go to North- he'd be gone as he knows we aren't going as high as $1.5M.

The whole time it's felt like we knew he wouldn't go and Dusty is trying to bluff us into thinking he may so we get serious at the negotiating table.

Yeah, every time I take a step back and look at it I land here too. At the very beginning, before the hype got out of hand, I had no doubt that Carr was under instruction from Martin to make a deal with Richmond. Carr undoubtedly would have instructed back to let him go to work and do what he does and not only will he stay at RFC but on bloody good money.

Let's win the flag,Dusty already a Richmond Brownlow medalist on his name for all eternity unless the umpires are truly corrupt,we all know what happened in 1974 when we were everyones grand final,KB should have won it but the umps gave it to Norf lolz.

Just jumped on Jack Ziebel for the Brownlow:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember we are talking about the players, not agents/managers. I reckon you could enforce it. Don't think it's illegal at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

There is something called freedom of association and restraint of trade. Your prohibition is completely illegal

Yea got them site was shit though and took a bit to get through to actuslly buying 4 together I cant wait. I still remember the noise at the last one, taking the kids this time just to watch them be in awe of what a tigers crowd is.
Same here, I got in at 9am and had got all the way to booking seats right beside the cheer squad, then the system craps itself.

Go back in queue, and end up with 4 seats in the first few rows of Q9 up the top! :drunk:

At least we are there! I'd prefer to focus on the QF v Geelong than try and be Nostradamus and work out what Dusty will do.

11 days until the QF..... the focus should be on this! :thumbsu::footy:

If Dustin martin played in a poor side this year he would be getting offered 850 -950 k. The only reason he is being offered huge money is cause the players around him give him the ball all the time and make him look good. In a shit side he would struggle tbh

Same here, I got in at 9am and had got all the way to booking seats right beside the cheer squad, then the system craps itself.

Go back in queue, and end up with 4 seats in the first few rows of Q9 up the top! :drunk:

At least we are there! I'd prefer to focus on the QF v Geelong than try and be Nostradamus and work out what Dusty will do.

11 days until the QF..... the focus should be on this! :thumbsu::footy:
Haha think i might be in the same area. Just a couple of rows back. But yea i had the same situation with the initial tickets and cheer squad

If Dustin martin played in a poor side this year he would be getting offered 850 -950 k. The only reason he is being offered huge money is cause the players around him give him the ball all the time and make him look good. In a shit side he would struggle tbh
you mean last season when he finished 3rd in the brownlow?

l1.gif

you mean last season when he finished 3rd in the brownlow?

Make no mistake players like dustin dont come around very often,

Part of me thinks whats the harm in going from 1.1 to 1.25, but im not a list manager o i dunno how much room we have, but surely with the lids and yarran money going away we can afford to keep him

Sure were in the unfortunate situation where we are in a bidding war with a club that needs to spend its salary cap on hope so it was always going to drive his price up into the stratosphere.

l2.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back