AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on opposition. Playing against Freo this week will be a no-no for his development and confidence as he'd struggle against tough opposition and home crowd pressure. Happy to consider him for the north match though.

You play first year players on their merits - But langford looked a long way off the pace.

A lot of Jack Gunston about him. Lacked composure which can be blamed on first game nerves, that should come as he plays more and gets more comfortable on the AFL scene. His pressure was great, and managed to find space at time. I'd play him for the next couple of games, especially playing against Freo could be a great learning curve with their immense pressure

Lot to like about him, imagine how much better he will play without having to worry about the shit in his undies.

I thought he was OK, saw him in a coffee shop yesterday and looks young. Reminds me how brave those kids are to play against the big fellas
Well, he is young. He's just 18.

It was just nice to see a person playing forward that actually moved like a forward.

Yeah, leading into space and not letting the defender dictate where you go... the kid's a left-field thinker that's for sure.

Yeah, leading into space and not letting the defender dictate where you go... the kid's a left-field thinker that's for sure.
I prefer the 'stand in the goal square and flap your arms around like a lorikeet' tactic. It's worked so well for years. Who does this lad think he is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would he be playing on against Fremantle? Assuming we have the same 22 as last week so he's the fourth marking forward.

Who would he be playing on against Fremantle? Assuming we have the same 22 as last week so he's the fourth marking forward.
Hm, assuming a similar set up I'd say the forward match-ups would be:

Johnson-Daniher
McPharlin-Carlisle
Ibbotson-Ambrose
Duffield-Langford

A lot of Jack Gunston about him. Lacked composure which can be blamed on first game nerves, that should come as he plays more and gets more comfortable on the AFL scene. His pressure was great, and managed to find space at time. I'd play him for the next couple of games, especially playing against Freo could be a great learning curve with their immense pressure

Agree about the Gunston similarities. Is a good mover & will be a player. On a big ground like Subi I think he could find space quite well & needs to be played accordingly. If nothing else, he needs to feel what the ultimate pressure is all about & he'll get that in droves from Freo. A good learnig curve at the very least.

Agree about the Gunston similarities. Is a good mover & will be a player. On a big ground like Subi I think he could find space quite well & needs to be played accordingly. If nothing else, he needs to feel what the ultimate pressure is all about & he'll get that in droves from Freo. A good learnig curve at the very least.
Agreed, Langford needs to play again this week.

Considering we are just as likely to surprise against freo like we did the hawks as we are to go all ANZAC day on them, is there any harm in playing him?

Why not let him get used to the pressure in the early days, especially if he is going to be as effective as whoever else we add in his place.

I thought he was ok when i watched the game, just a regular Debut really, nothing to outstanding, but showed glimpses. As others have mentioned he has real footy smarts, hopefully the club dont ruin him.

I was reading the Essendon website and thought id made a mistake thinking he hadnt done too much in his first game though when i read this -

"Langford played his first game for the Bombers on the weekend.
He picked up 12 possessions and took 12 marks."

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2...what-he-sees-in-langford#sthash.zi4URRK3.dpuf

* For the record he took 4

I can't believe he shrugged 2 tackles.
He had 3 shots on goal and a beautiful tap on which led to Goddards goal.

OK start, if he took his opportunities he would be going to Perth, kicking really let him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Back