AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Langford - Daniher - Edwards are the most 'natural' forward trio that Essendon has fielded since the mid-2000s

Was thinking i haven't been.this excited by three youngsters since Hird, long and Mercuri.

Nothing much good comes from early comparisons but ill do it anyway -

Langford has some attributes that teams could find very hard to match up on- much like a certain skinny half forward who just kept presenting all those years ago....

Does all the right things this kid. It was actually good to see him get a pretty heavy bump and get back up, will do wonders for his confidence and make him realise he does belong at the top level.

Not always the first option, but always the best option last night, which I love. Needs some serious kgs put on him, which will probably take a few years. Don't think he's the best sub option... so probably will be played as sub on/off with kav for the rest of the year:rolleyes:

Don't like the idea of playing Langford as sub. I'd rotate Laverde and Langford in and out of the team for remainder of year. One or the other playing in forwardline but not both and neither as sub as it doesn't aid their development.

Don't like the idea of playing Langford as sub. I'd rotate Laverde and Langford in and out of the team for remainder of year. One or the other playing in forwardline but not both and neither as sub as it doesn't aid their development.

And having them in and out of the side will?

It's the ideal scenario for the rest of the year - And the reality is that the sub will probably need to be used early in a couple of games.

Presents at the footy well, has good hands and is brave. Loved that spoil going back with the flight.

Not sure I see him as a midfielder in the future. Looks like he has the tools to be an ideal 3rd tall/half forward.

Agree about using him on and off as the sub to protect his light frame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Presents at the footy well, has good hands and is brave. Loved that spoil going back with the flight.

Not sure I see him as a midfielder in the future. Looks like he has the tools to be an ideal 3rd tall/half forward.

Agree about using him on and off as the sub to protect his light frame.

I actually see a little bit of Jack Gunston style of footy about him.

Maybe he won't reach those sorts of heights but the similarities bode well for us in the future and the type of player we have missed for ny on a decade

Looked composed tonight. His work by hand was really sharp, always seemed to use the best option.

Reading Knightmares phantom draft from last year and he questioned his decision making.

Doesn't seem an issue at all to me

Oozes class. Opposite of what I said in the O'Brien thread, I reckon the only kick he missed the target was his behind.

I loved him after I saw him go back with the flight of the ball and kill himself in the first North Game. He got up and then went hard at another contest before being subbed off.

Once he puts some meat on he is going to be a beastly forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Back