AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if I'm annoyed with kyle or rest of forwards for not stepping up, but clearly he has been down since teams started treating him like our main key forward. I think it was the roos game when they played comben on him, he has had minimal impact since that game.

To me clearly injured impacting pressure, agility and kicking.

Would be shocked if not booked in for hip surgery/clean up or groin type surgery as soon as season is done.

Think we should rest or drop him or stringer. Although really surgery and prolonged rest is only real solution.

If anyone needs surgery just send them off now. That's how you tank without tanking. Gets them ahead for pre-season.

I feel like he’s been played a lot higher up the ground since the bye and I’m not really sure why. Does his best work on the lead inside 50 but we rarely see that anymore.

Book him in for surgery or if not injured drop him. If langfor doesn't have groin or hip surgery I'll be shocked. Torn labrum is my bet.

Clubs still more about pr than performance, book him in already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is quite literally zero dawg in Kyle Langford. You could tell he was down in confidence from the first bounce and nothing changed over the course of the game. He's been putrid since the bye.

There is quite literally zero dawg in Kyle Langford. You could tell he was down in confidence from the first bounce and nothing changed over the course of the game. He's been putrid since the bye.
He does seem to drop his head too easily. Almost defeatist.

He barely leads at the ball. Has he had a good game since the Collingwood miss?

Some harsh critics considering the bloke has 40 goals under his belt. May be out of form (or under duress) but he is still hitting the scoreboard most weeks. Mind you we are still a dysfunctional forward line outside of Caddy at the moment.

Langford could be the poster child of the issues I have for Scotts selections. Clearly down on form and confidence, possibly carrying an injury.. but his output has been really below par since June. Not a single person on this forum has claimed he is not a legit footballer... but how is he still being selected when it is clear he is not contributing to the team? I don't know how you can justify picking a guy that is struggling to lead, not clunking marks and goes missing for large chunks of the game. Just makes no sense to me.

Send him for surgery and get him right for next season. You don't trade players like langford imho.

Redman (despite tonight) is another who I have wondered is carrying something. Just not themselves in 2024
It’s the contract he signed last year.

Perhaps unpopular opinion: As for Langford, he’s had 1 better than average (very good in fact) year out of 10. This is the story of Essington. We’ve had a number of 150-200+ gamers in the past 20 years that’ve had very similar careers.

I'm hoping the form drop is due to hip concerns.

In the back of my mind I remember a hawthorn mate telling me how the hawks worked out Stringer after he looked unstoppable in 2015 by matching him up with a proper key defender and I wonder if something similar may have happened to Langers.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Back