Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with those old bastards from a page or two back about Ford's 70's style, but rather than reminding of Breidis or Crosswell reckon he's a good mix of the two... has that Breidis 'upright' jump at the ball, and the swagger & attitude of Tiger.

Last edited:
Agree with those old bastards from a page or two back about Ford's 70's style, but rather than reminding of Breidis or Crosswell reckon he's a good mix of the two... has that Breidis 'upright' jump at the ball, and the swagger & attitude of Tiger.

I was thinking about this earlier, bit of Kekovich about him as well.

Not necessarily. Sometimes you can get a softer draw which papers over how good you really are.
It would be a dramatic rise to go from 2-4 wins to 14 wins.
100% this, Adelaide last year seem like a pretty good example of this.

Yep I know and the backline is similar. So it was actually going to be a part of a bigger post, ( but not really for this thread) called the 'upcoming squeeze'.
A great problem to have, and of course finding good quality footballers with late picks, is the quickest way up the ladder.
Then you add in all the early picks we've had and of course, rightly we expect them to be successful.

I said finals in 2025 about 4 years ago, might not be far wrong .
Sounds like "TAO's Manifesto"...or alternatively "Shitmen Be Gone "....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sounds like "TAO's Manifesto"...or alternatively "Shitmen Be Gone "....

Yes well if you ventured back to rd 5 when we took on the Cat and got belted of course

Today's squad doesn't have Drury, Nuyon, Greenwood, Lazzaro, Sellers and at a guess I'd suggest all five played at their level, the VFL today and I just saw we won.

Doesn't take a genius to work out why we're improving at both levels.

The list squeeze is coming, the likes of Stephenson, CCJ would both recognise that.

Yes well if you ventured back to rd 5 when we took on the Cat and got belted of course

Today's squad doesn't have Drury, Nuyon, Greenwood, Lazzaro, Sellers and at a guess I'd suggest all five played at their level, the VFL today and I just saw we won.

Doesn't take a genius to work out why we're improving at both levels.

The list squeeze is coming, the likes of Stephenson, CCJ would both recognise that.
I'm going to get a bottle of scotch and a fat cigar and peruse TAO's opus.

I get the impression Eddie rates himself highly.
To be perfectly honest, at this stage of his career, he has achieved bugger all as an AFL footballer.
It’ll be interesting in 2-3 years time whether he is a bona fide AFL footballer or just a bit-part player who chimes in now and then with a flash of class???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be perfectly honest, at this stage of his career, he has achieved bugger all as an AFL footballer.
It’ll be interesting in 2-3 years time whether he is a bona fide AFL footballer or just a bit-part player who chimes in now and then with a flash of class???

Like Paul Curtis?

IMG_1295.jpeg

Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back